HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 09:38:51 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kung Fu Panda 4 premieres in theaters March 8, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cable Reborn Is Now AVENGERS: X-SANCTION by Loeb, McGuinness  (Read 6715 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: September 27, 2011, 09:30:13 AM »

Marvel released this teaser (to the right) on Monday morning, with no other details than the nature of the project being teased would be revealed on Tuesday at 3 p.m. eastern time. As it happens, that's also the time and date of Marvel's latest "Next Big Thing" conference call with the comic book press, so it looks like we'll be finding out some details imminently.

Given that it's the signature Avengers "A" with an X-shaped crosshairs over it, the obvious guess would be some type of Avengers/X-Men interaction. Keep in mind that the teaser is promising something slated for December 2011, which is also the announced debut for the Jeph Loeb and Ed McGuinness "Cable Reborn" series.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 10:47:55 AM »

Jeph Loeb?!  Arrrgh!!!

Angry

You know I'll buy it anyway but Loeb better noe eff up Cable.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 12:08:41 PM »

Jeph Loeb?!  Arrrgh!!!

Angry

You know I'll buy it anyway .....

Cheesy

But why, sir? Why?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 01:52:20 PM »

Because Cable is my 2nd favorite character after Wolverine.

sigh

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 03:21:54 PM »

agreed...I'm a huge cable fan but scared to death of what Loeb might do, though he did write a decent run back in the early 2000s.  Does anyone remember the time when Loebs name was a possitive thing?  Long Holloween and the marvel "color" stories.

Since then it has been seriously downhill...Ultimates3, ultimatum, red hulk.

I hope this is good...i read something where he indicates that he feels Cable is the Cap of the future...obviously he never read Cable/Deadpool #25 where Cable squares off with Cap and it's revealed that Cable actually carries the shield in the future...great stuff, hopefully not forgotten along with the last Cable series.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 09:58:22 PM »

I really liked the last Cable series.  All of the time jumping and watching Hope grow up under Cable's guidance was fun.

I was hoping for more good stories like that.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 01:55:22 PM »

Issue 3

Loeb isn't redeeming himself in my eyes with this story.  The interaction with Hope was out of character for her IMO.  It's not the worst story in the world but that's about the best I can say.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS