HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 12:47:55 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Captain America: New World Order premieres in theaters February 14, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Batwoman  (Read 5777 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: September 18, 2011, 04:17:40 PM »

Yes!  And just like that I'm pulled back in.  Loved Batwoman in the Detective Comics run but got put off because of the long delay in this coming out.

Ok - it was worth the wait.  Picks right up where Detective left off and Kate Kane is even more hard nosed and edgy after what she found out about her dad in the Detective arc.

I suspect this will be a regular pull for awhile.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 04:08:54 PM by Perry » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 04:38:19 PM »

Also enjoyed it. Certainly one of the better number 1s.

Almost a perfect Bat plot with that villain ... creepy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
BatgirlLibrarian
HR Hero

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 09:29:36 AM »

I'm completely new to Batwoman; and it's pretty enjoyable. I really like the art; and it's pulling me into this comic mroe than the story (which is also good).

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 04:11:18 PM »

Trying to keep this on my pull. I really am, but can someone ... anyone, please explain the white skin of Kate and why no-one sees the similarities between that chalky white skin and Batwoman? is it that no-one has ever seen Batwoman? I just can't figure this out.

I know Clark was able to just hide behind glasses, but this ... it kills the book for me. Help

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 06:33:31 PM »

I think people are noticing.  It seems like a good number suspects Kane is Batwoman.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 06:40:25 PM »

But doesn't that just kill the "thinking" cred of the character? Like her not noticing, ahead of time, that she has such a distinct look to her "chalk white" skin that maybe someone would put two and two together? Why even where a mask?

I know it is just comics, and in our world people freaking fly  Grin, but this is just one of those major character points that I can't let go. It eats at my brain like the Ceti Eels of Khan.

How can this 'smart' woman, not think about this?

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 12:24:26 AM »

Well actually, most of her body is covered with the suit.  The only skin showing is around her mouth.  I would say she probably doesn't run into many of the same people as Batwoman and Kate.  It would be a rare person to see both and make any connection - assuming they even notice when she's in the suit.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 01:30:28 AM »

Well actually, most of her body is covered with the suit.  The only skin showing is around her mouth.

Yes, the most important part of person recognition ... the face.  Wink

It would be a rare person to see both and make any connection - assuming they even notice when she's in the suit.

She has white skin and wearing a black suit. Can't get more contrast than that.  Grin

White skin

Again, all I am saying is if she were smart, she would not show such a rare feature to the world. Its like if she only had one arm, villains would be -
"Hey, who is that hero with one arm? If we want to know, lets start by looking for a one armed person and see where that leads"
 Cheesy

I see Batwoman swinging around and the next day I am at a coffee shop and see a white skinned woman walk in, guess what I am thinking?

« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 01:32:58 AM by Perry » Logged

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2012, 08:57:46 PM »

BATWOMAN #6

FINALLY. Sweet Thor above, FINALLY. We have a woman that is shown as being very pale and not shown as being bone white. Haven t read the issue yet, but I was pleased when I flipped through and saw a new colorist had done the right thing and made Kate 'Pale as hell' instead of 'white as white'. This colorist may not be as spectacular, but to me they get lots more cred for doing what should have been done since issue 1.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS