HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 06:27:59 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Planet of the Apes 4 premieres in theaters May 24, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Batgirl #1  (Read 7202 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: September 05, 2011, 11:49:53 AM »

« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 05:05:40 PM by Perry » Logged
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 06:06:13 PM »

Not reading this preview, just looking at the pictures (I don't want ANY word type spoilage), but love how they are touching on the Killing Joke still being ... well something (Damn, I said I didn't read it).
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 04:11:34 PM »

Not reading this preview, just looking at the pictures (I don't want ANY word type spoilage), but love how they are touching on the Killing Joke still being ... well something (Damn, I said I didn't read it).
 Grin

You still didn't read it did you Perry?...even I recognized that iconic event by glancing at that picture of her getting shot from Killing Joke.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 08:46:29 PM »

no, I didn't read it. Like you, I just was able to garner they are at least bringing up the K.J so that was a win for me.
 Cool
(I just don't know, without reading it, what they are saying about it)
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 05:04:39 PM »

Loved the art and I can't believe I am going to say this but .... the writing, not so much. This is a Gail Simone book? Wow, do we need more female interaction or something to bring the Simone out here, because this first trip was not that great.

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad and perhaps I put my expectations way ahead of what COULD'VE been delivered, but Gail kinda let me down on this issue. While dialog was decent, the pacing seemed off. Seemed, I don't know, non-Simone'ish.

I would hate for this to be the first "bat" book I drop, but if next issue is like this ...

BatgirlLibrarian
HR Hero

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 09:30:46 AM »

Argh...comic book store sold out of this one so I have to wait.  Again.
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 04:44:56 PM »

I think the second printing is released next week.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2011, 08:59:49 PM »

My LCS had the second printing there today.
(Not sure if that helps you, but like Rodney, just throwing it out there for ya)
 Smiley

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2011, 02:35:36 AM »

I liked it.  I like that they haven't dismissed the time in the wheelchair too.  I can give Gail a couple of issues to build this new world for Babs.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Branden
HR Vigilante

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2012, 01:24:31 AM »

Annual #1

This story is easy to follow and understand. I liked the idea of Batgirl teaming up with Catwoman. However, this issue isn't necessary to read to follow the regular series and, quite frankly, was not worh $5.00.

6/10

AVENGERS FUCKING ASSEMBLE!!!!!!!!

- Hitgirl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS