HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 02:36:23 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kraven the Hunter premieres in theaters August 30, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Recent Cuts  (Read 2734 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: August 21, 2011, 01:34:18 PM »

What are some of your cuts for this coming order?

I have dropped -

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN - I wanted to wait for the last two issues, to wrap up Spider Island, but couldn't do it.

As far as these others, I am just hedging my bet and dropping some DC #2's that I think ... THINK I will not continue with after I get and read the issue 1 ... that I at least wanted to try. I may, and probably will for one or two, go back and ask them to add a title back on after I read issue 1 however.
 Cheesy

JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK - Never been a fan of magic stories, as they always have that Deus Ex Machina aspect to every ending, but I always love the magic characters. Had to try that 1st issue, but pretty sure it is a drop

STORMWATCH - Really enjoyed Cornell on ACTION COMICS (Yes, I bought ACTION COMICS ... but it was the Luther arc and had NO Super-Pooper in it  Tongue) and love me some AUTHORITY so this was a no brainer to add issue 1. However, after Super-Crapman, Martian Manhunter is my least favorite DC character (for the same reasons, I believe. Just too many powers and each one is all too powerful) and I don't like the visual changes to some of the characters. I don't know, just not feeling this team.

RED LANTERNS - I know Glenn will give me shit about this, but I really like Benes art so I had to try this one out. I am not too familiar with Milligans writing however, so I wanted to curb this title, until I read issue 1. This could easily find it's way back on my pull.

GREEN ARROW - Only reason I bought issue 1 ... ONLY reason was Jugens art. Have you heard of "comfort food"? Well his art is like Comfort Visuals to me. Much in the way Kerry Gammill and a few other "safe" artist find their way into my heart, he finds a spot. No risks in his style and it is always clean, but damn-it, I like it. Enough to hold on for issue 2 ... maybe not.

SUPERMAN - Really only got this to try and have an open mind about Supes and it didn't hurt that Perez is doing the layouts. Only problem with this is Perez is ONLY doing the layouts and his writing, while not bad, is usually nothing spectacular either, and with Supes, a character that doesn't rank high on my list, that is enough for me to pull. For now. Who knows, I am keeping ACTION on for another month so I may come back to this.

VOODOO - This was just a "what the hell, I will give it a shot" title. Nothing really to say about why I am, for now, dropping this. I think we can all understand.

ALL-STAR WESTERN - Really like the creative team. Really like that it is a non-cape book. Really like Hex. Really like that it is set in Gotham. Really like almost everything about this book, but just really scared also. This is the one I hope is so good that I have to add back on.

SWAMP THING - Never been a big Swamp'ite, but after reading some of my friends BATMAN ... or was it DETECTIVE ... anyway, after reading some of my friends 'Bat-books' that Snyder had recently written, I at least had to give this a try. But as I am not a Swamp-a-file and not a huge fan of the art (not bad, just doesn't resonate with me) I also had to curb issue 2 of this title.

With that, I am now down to 24 of the nDCU titles, which is still about 7 higher than I wanted to be.
 Cheesy

Going to be kinda fun to see, in a few months, which titles get back on my pull and which titles end up on the dead list.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 12:30:29 AM »

The only two of those I'm getting are Stormwatch and Superman.  Both because I wanted to see what the changes were going to be like and I like the creators.  I doubt Superman will stay on my list long but I love watching Perez draw Superman.

I haven't dropped anything in my Oct order that wasn't already dropped in the Sept order.  And I'm keeping all of the DC #2's for which I had ordered #1's.  I'll make it through the first arcs and then I expect a blood letting.  Like you, I'm interested to see who's going to make the cut!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS