HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 09:06:12 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom  premieres in theaters now!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: CBD - August 3rd - What'd ya get?  (Read 7923 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: August 03, 2011, 03:58:53 PM »

It's my shipping week - woo hoo!  A lot of my favorites are coming this weekend.

FF 7 - Love Hickman
FLASHPOINT 4 - Not a bad mini
INVINCIBLE 81 - Still wowing
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Century GN 2 - Alan Moore still kills me
MOON KNIGHT 4 - Not bad but not holding my interest either
New Mutants 28 - Abnett & Lanning always do great things with minor characters
NEXT MEN 8 - John Byrne has done great things wth this series
OZ MARVELOUS LAND OF OZ GN TP - liked the first series so I'll keep getting in GN
SCALPED 51 - New Arc - great jumping on point!
SECRET AVENGERS 15 - staying onboard in anticipation of Warren Ellis' upcoming stories.  Whatever happend to Fell?
SECRET WARRIORS 28 - Last Issue?  Hickman's great Nick Fury stories come to end?  Say its not so!
SHIELD 2 - Hickman really won me over with this series.  Great stuff.
ULTIMATE COMICS FALLOUT 3 - Hickman again??  AND Nick Spenser?  Cool.
ULTIMATE COMICS FALLOUT 4 - Hickman again??  AND Nick Spenser?  Cool.  Oh yeah - and Bendis.
UNCANNY X-FORCE 12 - Age of Apocalypse fun with the most bizarre X-Team out today.
WOLVERINE 13 - Damn Jason Aaron - I was gonna drop this but he pulled me back in with this Red Right hand stuff.
WOLVERINE BEST THERE IS 8 - I think this is my last preorder - love Huston - not loving Huston on this.
X-FACTOR 223 - Peter David stays consistent with this title - still one of my favorites to read each month.
X-MEN LEGACY 252 - Mike Carey pulled me back in with this odd ball team.  Rogue, Magneto, Legion, Frenzy are cool here.
X-MEN SCHISM 2 - Can't wait to see how this ends up.  Hearing that Wolverine is takeing a team back to Westchester in the end is gonna make me happy.  Sentinels, Kid Omega, and a new Hellfire Club?  Yes!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 04:54:10 PM »

PREVIEWS #275 AUGUST 2011

RACHEL RISING #1 (I damn anyone that doesn't get this. DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL !!!  Cheesy)

LOCKE & KEY CLOCKWORKS #1  (This series will be my very first Omnibus when it is all over)

GREEN LANTERN #67

PUNISHER #1
MOON KNIGHT #3
MOON KNIGHT #4
FEAR ITSELF #4
NEW AVENGERS #14
AVENGERS #15
INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #506
UNCANNY X-MEN #540
UNCANNY X-MEN #541
CAPTAIN AMERICA #1
DAREDEVIL #1
SECRET AVENGERS #15
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #665
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #666
MIGHTY THOR #4
FF #6
FF #7

PREACHER VOL 2 UNTIL THE END OF THE WORLD TP NEW EDITION (For a friend)

EDIT - Looks like I may have "damned" Jeff. Sorry for the stray bullet, good sir.

No

No I am not ... WHAT THE HELL, MAN Huh No RACHEL RISING Huh
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 04:56:20 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 05:15:53 PM »

It's been awhile since I posted my weekly take at the LCS...

Perry, you know I'm getting Rachel Rising!!!  Big Terry Moore whore over hear as well!

I love me some Locke & Key too, and as much as I wanna jump in and get current with the new miniseries, I like how my HCs look on the shelf.  I'll be reserving the omnibus too once it becomes available.... Cheesy

FLASHPOINT #4
RACHEL RISING #1
STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE BERRY FUN #1.....for the kid of course! 

HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 05:22:01 PM »

I just noticed somethin....

Nobody is getting The Infinite #1?!?!?!

Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin

As much as I love me some Kirkman....I can't stand by this one....

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 06:32:15 PM »

EDIT - Looks like I may have "damned" Jeff. Sorry for the stray bullet, good sir.

No

No I am not ... WHAT THE HELL, MAN Huh No RACHEL RISING Huh

Never heard of it.

Let's take a look:

Rachel Rising (2011 Abstract) #1

(W/A/C) Terry Moore Rachel wakes up at sunrise on a shallow grave in the woods and discovers the freshly murdered body in the dirt is her own. With events of the previous night a blur, Rachel seeks out her boyfriend Phillip. But Phillip has a new girl now and Rachel is beginning to suspect she rose from the grave for a reason... revenge! Don't miss the Premier Issue of this haunting new series by Eisner and Harvey Award-winning creator Terry Moore! Cover price $3.99.

Hmmmmm.  Ok, I'm in.  Ordered for my next shipment!  Happy now?!?!?    Grin

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 06:34:39 PM »

Perry, you know I'm getting Rachel Rising!!!  Big Terry Moore whore over hear as well!

I love me some Locke & Key too, and as much as I wanna jump in and get current with the new miniseries, I like how my HCs look on the shelf. 

I actually may go that route. Those Omni's just look to cumbersome.

FLASHPOINT #4
RACHEL RISING #1

This can't be Glenn. Four items? Never though I would see the day when you could go through the comic express line.
 Cheesy

Suuuure.
 Wink

I just noticed somethin....

Nobody is getting The Infinite #1?!?!?!

If I run out of Charmin, I may pick up a copy.
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2011, 10:59:02 PM »

Flashpoint #4
Green Lantern #67

I might go back for Infinite, depending on the reviews. Right now, though, I am still leaning towards Perry's Charmin.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2011, 11:47:53 PM »

Flashpoint #4
Green Lantern #67

I might go back for Infinite, depending on the reviews. Right now, though, I am still leaning towards Perry's Charmin.

Cheesy

Just look at this gun ... awesome. Lazy, lazy, lazy art work

Sad

HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2011, 05:04:42 PM »

Just look at this gun ... awesome. Lazy, lazy, lazy art work

Sad

Grin Cheesy Grin

I think in the near future, guns will be designed and manufactured minimalistically with little to no moving parts. 

Who am I kidding?  That gun looks like crap.

Did you get a load of the uninspired round noggins on the henchmen/troopers?  Man they are ugly bucket heads....

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2011, 09:03:16 PM »

Cheesy

Yeah, and love that everyone either has to be closed mouthed or growling ... showing all 458 teeth in a the human mouth ... cause that is how many there are.

Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2011, 12:35:29 AM »

Ultimate Comics Fallout: Death of Spider-Man #4
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS