HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 07:08:52 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Deadpool 3 premieres in theaters May 3, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: X-Schism - by Jason Aaron  (Read 8305 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: July 23, 2011, 01:32:10 PM »

Jason Aaron is fast becoming my favorite writer of the mutants.  Issue 1 is a great start.  Great characterization and nice setup for what's coming.  Quentin Quire (Kid Omega), Sentinels, and a new Hellfire Club black king set us up for what should be a fun ride.  I'm betting we'll even see a new Brotherhood of Mutants by the time this ends.

Pretty happy with issue 1.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 03:15:44 PM »

snuck this in at the LCS yesterday, because, ya kow, I need to get excited about the possibility of adding even more #1 issues to my pull  Roll Eyes.

I thought the same thing, Jeff. I liked it.

Strange because it seemed very Morrison'esgue to me, but I did enjoy it.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 03:31:55 PM »

so...going into the final issue...whats the feeling so far?  It really feels like it is ramping to a nice conclusion...tension are high and Scott and Logan have dropped the gloves plus lots of sentinels...Plus some great Alan davis art in issue 4

i'm liking it and most of the x-titles right now.  I picked up the last 2weeks worth of book on Friday and had a real hard time putting them in a reading order...all are really good at the moment but all for very different reasons.  Final reading order:
X-Factor 225...love PADs characterization
Schism 4...see above
X-Force 15...Archangle as new Appocolypse story has been a ton-o-fun
Uncanny 543...haven't read yet
Legacy...haven't read it yet but loving the return of Alex, Lorna & Rachel
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 09:56:05 PM »

so...going into the final issue...whats the feeling so far?  It really feels like it is ramping to a nice conclusion...tension are high and Scott and Logan have dropped the gloves plus lots of sentinels...Plus some great Alan davis art in issue 4

i'm liking it and most of the x-titles right now.  I picked up the last 2weeks worth of book on Friday and had a real hard time putting them in a reading order...all are really good at the moment but all for very different reasons.  Final reading order:
X-Factor 225...love PADs characterization
Schism 4...see above
X-Force 15...Archangle as new Appocolypse story has been a ton-o-fun
Uncanny 543...haven't read yet
Legacy...haven't read it yet but loving the return of Alex, Lorna & Rachel

I agree Wringer - I've been sucked into buying all of the above plus New Mutants - Abnett & Lanning do a good job with Magik and crew.

I also pick up Wolverine by Jason Aaron as well and it's some of the best Wolverine I've read in years.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 02:59:43 AM »

I'm reading NM as well, the above was just the last two weeks pull.

I've come very close to buying into wolverine again but just can't pull the trigger...but the first Aaron issue was just posted to MDC so the rest should follow pretty regularly now and i'll read it there.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 12:02:12 PM »

... I've been sucked into buying all of the above plus New Mutants

Smiley
And THAT is why I just can't buy an X book or two. It leads me down a path I wish not to tread. A path of buying every single book with an X on it. I am a weak, weak man.
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2011, 12:21:14 PM »

I'm reading NM as well, the above was just the last two weeks pull.

I've come very close to buying into wolverine again but just can't pull the trigger...but the first Aaron issue was just posted to MDC so the rest should follow pretty regularly now and i'll read it there.

If they have the Wolverine Weapon X series on MDC you should read those.  Very good Jason Aaron Wolverine stuff.

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2011, 03:05:07 PM »

yes, the weoppn x series is on there as well...I forgot that is where aarons run started.  Will def check those out. once i finish up reading Guardians and the other cosmins stuff i missed.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2011, 03:39:50 AM »

X-Men Schism #4 & #5

Just read them back to back.

Issue 4: HOLY EFFING SH!T!!  No way are we coming back from what Cyclops said to Logan.   Shocked  Some knives get buried way too deep and I don't see Wolverine ever completely forgiving him for that.

Issue 5: Battle royal between Cyclops and Wolverine.  And even though we know how it's going to wind up, Jason Aaron does a great job getting us there.  I'm really looking forward to his Wolverine and the X-Men series even though I can't stand the artist.

sinisteri
HR Super Hero

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2011, 09:52:26 PM »

I really liked the story.

I am a BIG Hellfire Club fan, and I must say I was stragely ok with the kids taking over the Club. They were written in  a way that was intelligent and scary while still showing that they are kids. And it served as a great contrast to the Cyclops/Wolverine conflict. Should kids be allowed to be kids? And more importantly, do they want the chance or even know they are missing the opportunity?

Good story.

A man is the sum of his memories,
A Time Lord even moreso.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS