HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 02:59:42 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Transformers: A New Generation premieres in theaters September 13, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Superman #1 DCnU  (Read 5262 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: June 09, 2011, 10:02:06 PM »

Superman #1

Supergirl #1

Superboy #1
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 01:10:55 PM »

I don't want to be the "it was better in my day" fanboy, but Superman's costume looks so boring now.  I get they only made small changes, yet those changes really added up IMHO.

When I see promo pieces for the new Justice League he doesn't stand out at all.

However, I do like the new look for Supergirl.

And I'm waiting on seeing the direction they go with Superboy before I comment.  Though I'm assuming it's going to be more like the Young Justice animated series type Superboy.  We'll see.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 03:58:37 PM »

George Perez knows how to fill a book.  It seemed like it kept going and going.  Decent enough start for the new status quo although, like Peter Parker, I'm not a fan of throwing out the marriage to Lois. But I get it, he's back to being a loner.  Could have used a better villain than mysterious fire monster.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
sinisteri
HR Super Hero

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 05:05:16 AM »

Why?

What is the point of him being without Lois or a loner if he is just going to pine after her while she gets her groove on? Each DC story I read, I ask DID the universe need to be reset to tell this story? These characters have endured this far, so I am still haning on for now.

A man is the sum of his memories,
A Time Lord even moreso.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 05:02:25 PM »

I've actually already dropped it from my pull list.  Like you Sin, I'm not interested in seeing Clark pine away while Lois hooks up with other guys.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 05:10:20 PM »

I love Jurgens art. Love it. It reminds me of one of my favorite "clean" artist, Kerry Gammill. I gotta check this new team of Giffen and Jurgens on SUPERMAN out at the LCS. Gotta. Even though I hate the character.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS