HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 05:28:16 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dune: Part Two premieres in theaters March 15, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: No more Oracle  (Read 5498 times)
BatgirlLibrarian
HR Hero

« on: June 08, 2011, 10:37:33 AM »

So, reactions?

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2011/06/dc-reveals-details-about-the-relaunched-batman-line/

Barbara Gordon is one of my favorite Batgirls, and Oracle is one of my favorite comic book characters.  This is disappointing news.

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 04:59:47 PM »

So in the DCnU, will Babs eventually get shot? I would hate to lose Oracle forever as a character. Let Steph or Cassandra be Batgirl. I love Barbara/Oracle as is.

One thing to come from this is a new Hawk and Dove series  Grin
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 12:17:00 AM »

One thing to come from this is a new Hawk and Dove series  Grin

Drawn by Rob Liefeld ... no thanks.

There are lots of talented artist out there that my eyes just don't seem to enjoy. For some reason I just don't like the look of some artists work. No fault of their own, just their style doesn't hit me. I try not to condemn them just because I don't like their stuff (I try, sometimes fail).

Then there is Rob Liefeld. YUK. Hey, he may be a nice guy and hell, I may even have a beer with him, but I will never again pay for any book on which he is the artist. I think he is artistically weak as any "artist" can possibly be. From his laughable straight lines that bend, to his total lack of understanding anatomy, to his backgrounds (or lack there-of), to his skewed perspective ... I just can't stomach the sight of his "art".

Hope you enjoy it though.
 Grin

EDIT -
Just went to check a preview of his and Kirkmans new series from Image ... INFINITE.

HERE

And just what I thought, the guy has not changed a bit.

Scroll down to the third picture, the guy running, surprisingly, right at you. Notice the buildings? See that crap?  Is that a brick wall that is defying perspective and going out with the wrong angle? (Hell, even in the first pic the corner and the ceiling, right about where the guy getting punched is, looks awful weak.

Notice how EVERY DAMN PERSON, in EVERY DAMN page, is either holding a weapon or making a fist?

How about that last pic with the guy holding what looks to be two plastic guns ... where are his fingers? His right hand has 1 finger !!!!!! He has a thumb and then one finger on the trigger ... where are his fingers?

This is the kind of lazy ass crap I just can't take.

No. No Liefeld. EVER !!!!!

« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 12:28:05 AM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 02:57:55 AM »

One thing to come from this is a new Hawk and Dove series  Grin

Drawn by Rob Liefeld ... no thanks.

There are lots of talented artist out there that my eyes just don't seem to enjoy. For some reason I just don't like the look of some artists work. No fault of their own, just their style doesn't hit me. I try not to condemn them just because I don't like their stuff (I try, sometimes fail).

Then there is Rob Liefeld. YUK. Hey, he may be a nice guy and hell, I may even have a beer with him, but I will never
again pay for any book on which he is the artist. I think he is artistically weak as any "artist" can possibly be. From his laughable straight lines that bend, to his total lack of understanding anatomy, to his backgrounds (or lack there-of), to his skewed perspective ... I just can't stomach the sight of his "art".

Hope you enjoy it though.
 Grin

EDIT -
Just went to check a preview of his and Kirkmans new series from Image ... INFINITE.

HERE

And just what I thought, the guy has not changed a bit.

Scroll down to the third picture, the guy running, surprisingly, right at you. Notice the buildings? See that crap?  Is that a brick wall that is defying perspective and going out with the wrong angle? (Hell, even in the first pic the corner and the
ceiling, right about where the guy getting punched is, looks awful weak.

Notice how EVERY DAMN PERSON, in EVERY DAMN page, is either holding a weapon or making a fist?

How about that last pic with the guy holding what looks to be two plastic guns ... where are his fingers? His right hand has 1 finger !!!!!! He has a thumb and then one finger on the trigger ... where are his fingers?

This is the kind of lazy ass crap I just can't take.

No. No Liefeld. EVER !!!!!

Isn't he the one who can't draw feet?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 06:52:46 AM »

Isn't he the one who can't draw feet?

He's actually gotten better at those. Took him 15 years, but he got better.

1 flaw down - 59 and a lazy ass, poor work ethic to go.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS