HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 05:03:23 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Transformers: A New Generation premieres in theaters September 13, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The DCnU list of #1s  (Read 26968 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2011, 10:19:54 PM »

And Sin, I understand your feelings, but if DC doesn't do something fast, you may not be around any way as they may be just hanging on memory.

I know current DC fans are not happy about this "reset" (or whatever they want to call it), but for me and people like me that have always felt unattached to DC, this is a GREAT way to get on the ground floor ... in a way.

I am personally going from 2 DC titles a month to 16 or 17. That is a huge gain for DC ... again, just from me, but if more people do the same .... ??

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2011, 01:25:34 PM »

I dropped a whole bunch of DC titles at the beginning of the year from lack of excitement, and the reset still does nothing to spark my interest.  Of course I'll get the Jim Lee title for the art, but other than that I know that this is gimmicky at best, and will return to status quo someday.

sinisteri
HR Super Hero

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2011, 04:06:44 AM »

So,

What has turned you all off from DC. Maybe I am missing the bigger picture here.

A man is the sum of his memories,
A Time Lord even moreso.
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2011, 05:39:56 AM »

So,

What has turned you all off from DC. Maybe I am missing the bigger picture here.

My dwindling interest in DC stems from wave after wave of crossover events that just burnt me out on the characters.  From Infinite Crisis to Final Crisis to 52 to Countdown to Brightest Day, the endless universe shattering books just took away from the actual books themselves.  I would read the weekly installment, and didn't really feel any excitement in reading the regular monthly book.....it just felt like a chore.

Don't get me wrong though, my feeling is equal for Marvel, just to a lesser degree. 

sinisteri
HR Super Hero

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2011, 06:00:50 PM »

I see.

And I can understand that. The same type of crossover with the threat always being the fate of reality could be a bit tiring. As much as I love DC, I am a bit fed up with the reality shattering event each year myself. This is why I have an issue with the new upcoming-- everything changes- new universe.

We will see.

A Time Lord even moreso.
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2011, 08:17:06 PM »

I have mixed feelings about the reset. I have enjoyed the big summer crossover events. I think DC had a good thing with 52 but Countdown followed and it SUCKED! Last summer we had Blackest Night, this summer is Flashpoint. Great stories in and of themselves but nothing justified a complete reset/reboot. We now have untapped multiple Earths and these stories could have been told on a parallel plane or Elseworld.

I feel betrayed as a reader that I have wasted the past decade or so on a DCU that will cease to exist in less than 90 days.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2011, 12:48:47 AM »

I wouldn't worry too much Rodney - even the multiverse came back after the last big "reset".

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
sinisteri
HR Super Hero

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2011, 12:07:08 AM »

Well,

My time may have come and gone. The closer it gets to the event, the less I am inclined to like this next DC event. Flashpoint is proving to me that I can live without most a changed DC. I want to be won over! May the new fans keep DC going...

A Time Lord even moreso.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2011, 08:09:35 PM »

Well I just placed my pre-order for September and while I had planned on getting 14 to 17 of the new DC number 1's, I ended up getting 24. Yeah, that is just crazy for this Marvel Zombie.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2011, 11:54:02 PM »

Well I just placed my pre-order for September and while I had planned on getting 14 to 17 of the new DC number 1's, I ended up getting 24. Yeah, that is just crazy for this Marvel Zombie.

Holy crap Perry!  Even I didn't get that many! (I ordered 15).  Grin

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2011, 04:20:59 PM »

Holy crap Perry! 

I KNOW !!!!!
 Cheesy
I even ordered books I had no intention of getting (Batman and Robin, Catwoman, both Legion books, etc). I just couldn't stop. In fact, I think it is 26 books that I actually ordered. Half of the line. Hell, I only ordered 13 Marvel books. DC double my Marvel order.

Holy hell ... run for your lives !!!!!

Ones I am getting -

All-Star Western
Aquaman
Batgirl
Batman
Batman and Robin
Batwoman
Blue Beetle
Catwoman
DC Universe Presents
Detective Comics
Frankenstein (SHADE)
Green Lantern
Green Lantern Corps
Green Lantern: New Guardians
Grifter
Justice League
Justice League International
Legion
Legion Lost
Nightwing
Resurrection Man
Savage Hawkman
Stormwatch
Swamp Thing
Voodoo
Wonder Woman

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2011, 12:38:34 PM »

Great list.  Here's mine.  A lot picked for the writer.

ACTION COMICS 1
ANIMAL MAN 1
AQUAMAN 1
BIRDS OF PREY 1   
CAPTAIN ATOM 1
DC UNIVERSE PRESENTS 1
FURY OF FIRESTORM 1
GREEN LANTERN 1
JUSTICE LEAGUE 1
JUSTICE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL 1
LEGION LOST 1
LEGION OF SUPER HEROES 1
RESURRECTION MAN 1
STORMWATCH 1
SUPERMAN 1
TEEN TITANS 1

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2011, 02:50:07 PM »

Well we got 9 the same. Pretty good.  Grin

I wanted to try BOP (Fan of Swiz) but I was just too scared of the characters. Other than Canary, I am just not interested in any of them. Which is stupid, I know, as this is a "reset" and I could find myself being very interested in all of them ... except Canary.
 Cheesy

I may still add ANIMAL MAN. He was on my list before I ordered and I like the character, but took him out at the last minute. That art by Travel Foreman has me worried. Not that he is bad, but I just remember some of the panels on his IMMORTAL IRON FIST run that gave me nightmares.
 Grin

Really shocked about BATWOMAN. Shocked that I added it, as scared as I was about it being late all the time, as past would indicate. And also shocked that you do not have it on your list as I thought you were all over it.
 Huh

And speaking of shocked, no JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK? I thought with your love of SHADOW PACT would almost make this an auto pick up for you. Hell, I am thinking about adding it for Constantine and Zatanna and of course Deadman.  

I shall not discuss having two titles of Super-Pooper on your list.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

EDIT - Hell, if I do add ANIMAL MAN back on and add JLD, I may see if I can find a couple more titles I want to try. DCBS has a great special going on right now. You can order all 52 of the new DC for $79, basically 50% off. I already have 26 (halfway there) ... so ... maybe. But I get 40% off anyway, so maybe not.

Damn it ... I DON'T KNOW
 Cheesy
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 04:33:43 PM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2011, 06:14:10 PM »

I doubt the Superman titles will stay on long but I wanted to see  what Morrison and George Perez are going to dowith him.

I thought about JLDark because I like Zatanna and Deadman but I'm not a big fan of Peter Milligan.  I'll see what others say first before adding it.

Batwoman was strictly a decision made because of all of the delays.  I would LOVE to pick it up and might still but I want ti see some consistent delivery before I get invested in the series.

I wasn't going to get BOP for the same reasons you listed but when I saw that Swiz was writing it I had to have it.  His Cable series with Hope was in my top 5 favorite titles for the entire length of it's run.  I had to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Resurrection Man was a surprise add for me.  I like the premise and I always give Abnett & Lannng a chance when I can.

I see you picked up every Bat Family title.  That surprised me because I thought you hated doing that.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2011, 07:29:34 PM »

I doubt the Superman titles will stay on long but I wanted to see  what Morrison and George Perez are going to dowith him.

Oh, I don't blame ya, I just have my hatred of the character to deal with.  Grin
I was able to suppress it before with great success and happiness (ALL-STAR SUPERMAN) Which had two of the main ingredients in the new ACTION: Morrision and Superman ... Just trying to avoid the new one out of pure, childish, pig-headedness
 Cheesy

I see you picked up every Bat Family title....

Almost. I am not adding a few -

BATWING because I have no interest in a Batman not called Wayne. Didn't like Grayson as Batman and not interested in this one either. Besides, I like Batman in harsh, gloom, big city environments, not one localized in Africa dealing with African/Egyptian/Mediterranean crime. I have DOC SAVAGE for that !!!!
 Grin

(EDIT - Of course I just thought of something. What if the Batman in JUSTICE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL is not Bruce? CRAP)

BATMAN: DARK KNIGHT because I am not a fan of Finch's writing. His art? Well sure, but not his writing, no. Besides, talk about delays, how many issues of his Batman did we get in 6 months last time?

RED HOOD and the OUTLAWS because ... well, damn it ... I was trying to avoid adding it. I know I will, I know it. (Just like I am sure I will add that damn RED LANTERNS book, and I don't want to add that either.

BIRDS of PREY already disussed, though I am not sure hwo much of a "Bat" title it is now

Was really debating BATMAN and ROBIN, BATWOMAN (for the reasons we mentioned) and CATWOMAN, but as you will see with you next statement below ....

That surprised me because I thought you hated doing that.

I do hate that, because I keep buying all the other titles I don't want/need.
 Grin

« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 08:00:26 PM by Perry » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS