HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 06:12:31 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dune: Part Two premieres in theaters March 15, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Alpha Flight...the thread  (Read 4934 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: May 19, 2011, 11:35:34 PM »

Did anyone get the first issue? What are your initial thoughts?

Written by GREG PAK & FRED VAN LENTE.
Art by BEN OLIVER with DAN GREEN. Cover by PHIL JIMENEZ.

Because YOU demanded it: Exploding out of FEAR ITSELF with an all-new series is the ORIGINAL Alpha Flight! Get in on the ground floor of this highly anticipated maxi-series with this standalone adventure: Who are Guardian, Vindicator, Sasquatch, Snowbird, Shaman, Northstar, Aurora, and Marrina? How did they become their nation's most beloved heroes? And are they strong enough to withstand their greatest challenge yet? DO YOU FEAR...YOUR COUNTRY TURNING ON YOU?

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 01:28:22 AM »

I was really tempted but decided to wait and see what others said.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 02:48:36 PM »

Was going to but:
Fought back the urge as it is a mini
Realized Eaglesham was the artist (not too much of a fan)

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 11:09:57 PM »

Anyone picking this up?  Number 2 came out today.  Wondering how its going....

Alpha Flight #2

Cover by PHIL JIMENEZ Written by FRED VAN LENTE & GREG PAK Penciled by DALE EAGLESHAM FEAR ITSELF TIE-IN!

Alpha Flight... traitors??? After saving their country from the hammer-wielding XXXXX, The Flight are captured by?the newly risen Unity Party and branded as traitors. Now they must escape from the bowels of the top-secret facility, Department H, they once called home. In doing so they must confront the shocking betrayal of one of their core members -- and discover an imprisoned hero readers have clamored to see since this series was announced! The red-hot writing team of Greg Pak and Fred Van Lente and artistic legend Dale Eaglesham continue their highly-anticipated resurrection of one of Marvel's most beloved super hero teams in a story that absolutely cannot be missed!

32 PGS./Rated T+ Cover price $2.99.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 02:09:20 AM »

like everyone else...i want to read it but not enough to buy it.  I figure i can wait the 6+mos for it to get Traded or show up on MDC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS