HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 06:10:09 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Transformers: A New Generation premieres in theaters September 13, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: ABC Picks Up Charlie's Angels; Cancels Brothers & Sisters, and V  (Read 4310 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: May 13, 2011, 10:57:38 PM »

ABC has given series orders to dramas Charlie's Angels, Good Christian Belles, Pan Am, Revenge, The River, Once Upon a Time and Shonda Rhimes' Scandal, as well as comedies starring Tim Allen, James Van Der Beek and Chris Moynihan. The network also canceled Brothers & Sisters, Mr. Sunshine, Detroit 187, Off the Map, No Ordinary Family and struggling alien-invasion drama V.

Considered an early lock at the network, Charlie's Angels (which TVGuide.com had spotlighted as one of its 11
Promising Pilots) is a Miami-set remake of the 1970s series starring Minka Kelly, Rachael Taylor and Annie Ilonzeh.
Original series producer Leonard Goldberg, Drew Barrymore and Smallville's Miles Millar and Al Gough are all producing. Ramon Rodriguez and Robert Wagner also star as Bosley and Charlie, respectively. It comes as no surprise that ABC picked up Charlie's Angels, which already has a built-in brand and audience.

Set as a possible companion to Desperate Housewives, Good Christian Belles (previously known as Good Christan B----es) centers on former high school mean girl Amanda (Leslie Bibb), who, after her marriage ends in scandal, returns to Dallas, hoping for a second chance with those she once bullied. Darren Star (Sex and the City) is among the executive producers. Kristin Chenoweth, Jennifer Aspen, Miriam Shor, Marisol Nichols, Mark Deklin, David James Elliott, Brad Beyer and Annie Potts also star.

Following the underwhelming performance of Off the Map, ABC has invested in another Shonda Rhimes' drama, Scandal. The series stars Kerry Washington as a professional "fixer," or crisis management consultant. The show is based on the career of Judy Smith, who has guided such public figures as Monica Lewinsky and Michael Vick in their hours of need. Rhimes and Grey's Anatomy's Betsy Beers will executive-produce. The series also stars Lost's Henry Ian Cusick, Katie Lowes, Guillermo Diaz, Tony Goldwyn, Darby Stanchfield, Jeff Perry, Liza Weil and Columbus Short.

Hoping to capture the captive audience Lost brought in, the network has picked up Once Upon a Time, a drama from Lost scribes Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz. The show centers on a woman (Jennifer Morrison) who travels to a town where fairy tales are real. Big Love's Ginnifer Goodwin will play Snow White, while Lana Parrilla will play the Evil Queen. Robert Carlyle, Josh Dallas, Raphael Sbarge, Jamie Dornan and Jared Gilmore will also star.

ABC has also ordered period drama Pan Am, which follows the stewardesses and pilots of the titular airline are the stars of this sexy soap set in the Jet Age of the 1960s. Jonah Lotan, Christina Ricci, Margot Robbie, Kelli Garner, Karine Vanasse and Michael Mosley will star. Jack Orman (ER) wrote the pilot and will executive-produce with Tommy Schlamme (The West Wing), who is also directing the pilot.

The Count of Monte Cristo's tale is retold in the modern era in Revenge. This adaptation stars Emily VanCamp as its leading character, who rents a house in the Hamptons for the summer. Mike Kelley (Swingtown) wrote the script and will executive-produce. Ashley Madekwe, Joshua Bowman, Gabriel Mann, Christa B. Allen, Madeleine Stowe, Henry Czerny, Connor Paolo and Nick Wechsler will star.

In The River, a famed adventurer and TV personality (Bruce Greenwood) goes missing in the Amazon, and his family (among them, Joe Anderson and Leslie Hope) tries to find him. Project comes from the team behind Paranormal Activity. Oren Peli and Jason Blum will executive-produce. Eloise Mumford, Thomas Kretschmann, Paulina Gaitan, Paul Blackthorne, Daniel Zacapa and Shaun Parkes will also star.

On the comedy side, Tim Allen is returning to television in Last Man Standing, which was created by 30 Rock's Jack Burditt and Shawn Levy (Night at the Museum). Tim Fitzgerald (Allen) is fighting for his manhood in a world that is being increasingly dominated by women, including his wife (Nancy Travis). Hector Elizondo will also star.

Apartment 23  follows a bright-eyed Midwestern girl (Dreama Walker) who moves to New York, where she finds herself living with her worst nightmare (Krysten Ritter). American Dad's Nahnatchka Khan wrote the pilot. James Van Der Beek, Eric Andre and Michael Blaiklock will also star.

Man Up is a unique look at what it takes to survive as a modern man, as told through the eyes of three best friends (Chris Moynihan, Mather Zickel and Dan Fogler) and the women in their lives. Moynihan (A Mighty Wind), Ron West (Backdraft) and Kelly Kulchak (Psych) will executive-produce. Teri Polo, Amanda Detmer, Jake Johnson and Henry Simmons also star.

Meanwhile, Brothers & Sisters, which averaged 8.22 million in its fifth season, will not return. ABC was initially trying to bring the show back with a reduced episode order and less of Calista Flockhart to save costs. ABC also canceled freshmen series Mr. Sunshine, Detroit 187, Off the Map, No Ordinary Family, Better With Youand V.  Meanwhile, first-year comedy Happy Endings has been renewed.

Light Warrior
HR Hero

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 02:47:24 AM »

Well that's it.  I just can't watch TV anymore.  If I like it, it gets canceled.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 12:45:47 PM »

Well that's it.  I just can't watch TV anymore.  If I like it, it gets canceled.

Grin
I need you to start watching shows like MOB WIVES, CELEBRITY APPRENTICE and JERSEY SHORE.

Just stay away from GAME OF THRONES, MODERN FAMILY, NURSE JACKIE, WEEDS and a host of other well done shows that I really enjoy. Don't even look at them.
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Light Warrior
HR Hero

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 03:20:09 AM »

No power on earth will get me to watch Jersey Shore.
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 03:25:36 PM »

Kinda bummed that they cancelled V...while not perfect the 2nd season was really good and the final episode was fantastic, lots of shocks, twists and turns...plus they just brought back Marc Singer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS