HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:30:58 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kung Fu Panda 4 premieres in theaters March 8, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tom DeFalco and Ron Frenz Reunite at DC for SUPERMAN BEYOND  (Read 3518 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: May 13, 2011, 05:24:13 PM »

The fan-favorite Spider-Girl team of Tom DeFalco, Ron Frenz and Sal Buscema are moving from Marvel to DC for a Superman Beyond #0 one-shot, as announced today by DC Comics on their official blog The Source.

Superman Beyond #0 is a Batman Beyond spinoff, featuring a powerful villain forcing an aged Kal-El into action despite fading powers. Dustin Nguyen illustrated the cover, seen here.

Neither DeFalco or Frenz are strangers to Superman. Though DeFalco is closely associated with Marvel Comics — as a former editor-in-chief and a writer with long runs on titles including Amazing Spider-Man, Fantastic Four and Thor — he has a few DC writing credits, most notably multiple issues of Superman Family in the late '70s.

Frenz is also primarily known for his Marvel work, but he had a lengthy stint illustrating Superman in the mid-'90s, including during the controversial "Superman Blue" period.

DeFalco, Frenz and Buscema all worked on Marvel's recently wrapped Thunderstrike miniseries. More details on all of DC's August releases should be coming in the following days with the company's monthly solicitations.

Sith_Chimera
HR Super Hero

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 08:11:44 AM »

They had me at Buscema.  Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS