HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:17:54 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Joker 2 premieres in theaters October 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What games can be played on Playstation 3?  (Read 3934 times)
TinishaPourvase
« on: May 11, 2011, 05:28:45 AM »

What games can be played on Playstation 3?
I was thinking of buying Playstation 3 for my sone. Since different brands can be played on the Wii, is the same true with playstation 3? Can playstation 2 games be played on playstation 3?

------------------------
PS3 controller
Xbox 360 Controller
nintendo ds r4
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 12:26:32 PM »

Welcome to the Realm Tinisha!

I moved your topic to the video game section since the guys here can better answer your question.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 01:18:45 PM »

Hi Tinishia,

When the PS3 first came out, it was backwards compatible with Playstation 2 games.  Unfortunately, the newer models no longer have the capability to play the older PS2 discs.

I do have both systems, and while it would be convenient to play my old PS2 games on my PS3, it doesn't bother me much.  I actually have my old Playstation 2 set up in my daughter's room, and it's being used as a DVD player.  The truth of the matter is that once you start playing the next generation PS3 games, the likelihood of playing your old PS2 games will be pretty slim.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS