HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 09:20:16 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Planet of the Apes 4 premieres in theaters May 24, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Infinte Vacation  (Read 6074 times)
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« on: April 19, 2011, 10:19:56 PM »

Best comic out there right now.

Who else is reading?
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 04:02:02 PM »

Never heard of it.  Whats the premise?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 09:46:06 PM »

Imagine if you were able to change your reality for a few moments a day just by using your iPhone.

You're still you, but in a different reality where you did something differently.  Like, with the main character, he got to see what would happened if he didn't choke and asked a certain girl out that day.  Or what if he dropped out of college and started a surf shop on the beach with his buddy years ago.

Infinte choices to see what could have been.

The problem for the main character starts when his other realities - his other selfs - are be murdered one-by-one and he could be next.

That's a very brief overview.  The story is far more detailed and the book's artwork is far, far, far too creative for me to capture into words. 

This is like some early day Warren Ellis level cool here.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 11:51:00 PM »

Wanted to try it but the art just was not for me. Reminded me too much of late 80's Bill Sienkiewicz. The Electra stuff, not the cool stuff.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 08:20:43 AM »

sounds cool....i shall seek this out

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 03:34:35 PM »

I just read the solicit in my LCS' website.  Nick Spenser?  I'm in!  I really liked the first Morning Glories trade so this is probably something I'll like.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 04:04:35 AM »

Just finished the first two issues based on your recommendation.
Thumbs up so far.  I like the premise and the live action panels make it quirky.

I'm not sucked in like I was for Morning Glories but I'd recommend reading it.  I'm on for awhile.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS