HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 02:56:35 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 2 premieres in theaters May 23, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wonder Woman Come Back  (Read 5661 times)
sinisteri
HR Super Hero

« on: April 08, 2011, 04:05:12 AM »

Must say,

I have not been a fan of the current storyline or direction. I am still not. I am a fan of the true Wonder Woman, and I did actually like the last issue. Dr Psycho is one of my favorite Wonder Woman villains, and I like the depicion of the character in this issue. I am so ready for the madness to wrap up and to get back to what will pass for Diana who may not be permitted to wear her classic costume. Clothes have been known to break this woman...

A man is the sum of his memories,
A Time Lord even moreso.
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 10:36:36 AM »

I picked up the latest issue (#609) on a whim and actually enjoyed it. It definitely gave depth to Dr Psycho. But I am old-school guy who wants Diana back in her classic costume and out of the current reality/dream state.
sinisteri
HR Super Hero

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 05:27:41 PM »

Me too!

Rumor has it that the plan is to keep some variant of this costume. DC plans on keeping her with pants on. I am totally against this. I like her classic look, and it separates her from other female characters. I would have been more okay with her adapting a battleskirt more befitting a mythological based character.

A Time Lord even moreso.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 12:41:24 PM »

I have to say, the new costume has grown on me.  At least, without the jacket.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
sinisteri
HR Super Hero

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 04:20:26 AM »

not me,

It just has not grown on me, even a lil. I would not mind seeing a variation of the classic with a battle skirt. I do not want the Amazong wearing  something that any other heroine would sport. She is the first lady, and her classic gear is part of her iconic status. As I mentioned before, I would be ok with multiple costumes. She is a woman, and women change clothes a lot. I loved the tv series Wonder Woman, and she had more than one costume. I loved that aspect of her. Give me that!!!

A Time Lord even moreso.
sinisteri
HR Super Hero

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 12:11:52 AM »

So,

Last WW letter column has people saying they like new costume. Funny, most non comic buying men and women who'd like to see a movie or tv show-- hate it. An amazon who could just as easily walk around men naked needs tights now? Hmm...

A Time Lord even moreso.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS