HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 12:19:16 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thunderbolts premieres in theaters July 25, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Spider Man question from a 5 year old  (Read 4517 times)
EDarcy
« on: April 04, 2011, 04:39:03 PM »

My 5 year old son has an easy-reader book which shows a picture of Spider Man swinging through the air to catch Rhino who has kidnapped the Mayor's son. The picture shows his web with what looks like flames on it. Later, after he has caught Rhino, it shows Rhino encased in ice. My son wondered why Spider man was on fire, and then why Rhino was encased in ice. Does Spider Man have any special flame or ice webs or anything?
Thanks in advance!
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 09:28:31 PM »

My 5 year old son has an easy-reader book which shows a picture of Spider Man swinging through the air to catch Rhino who has kidnapped the Mayor's son. The picture shows his web with what looks like flames on it. Later, after he has caught Rhino, it shows Rhino encased in ice. My son wondered why Spider man was on fire, and then why Rhino was encased in ice. Does Spider Man have any special flame or ice webs or anything?
Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the Realm EDarcy!

Spider-Man does not possess any flame or ice based powers(just the proportional strength and agility of a spider, and his special sticky webbing), but perhaps through the course of the story or there was a special circumstance that gave him these additional powers?  In other stories from comics, Spidey has been given cosmic powers, or some mystical object granted him an extra ability. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the book got Spider-man's powers wrong.  My daughter has a couple Spider-man books that feature the Sandman and Mysterio, and it's pretty hard to follow as well because they act out of character in some instances too.

EDarcy
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 05:33:15 PM »

Thank you G!
I received a link as well regarding the small single chapter book that this easy reader was based on. It was by a reviewer who tore into the writer for JJ sending Peter Parker to take pictures of a missing child?, then Spider Man finding said child, saving him with crazy unheard of powers, and then Spider Man taking photos and leaving child with the bound and unconscious Rhino.
Whatever happened to research? Clearly, if a 5 year old is going to have problems with the logic of a book, it's time to revisit the drawing and story boards!
 Roll Eyes
Thanks again!
kon-el
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 10:25:04 PM »

as far is i'm aware in the comic books he doesn't, but in spider-man the video game for playststion you actually unlock them. yes they actually exist. in the game you get to use burning webs to kill symbiote henchmen. they are carnages minions and like carnage they are sensitive to heat and you get to start the little red monsters on fire. thanks for posting this question. i have a nephew who asks me stuff like this all the time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS