HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 02:53:14 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Gladiator 2 premieres in theaters November 22, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rachel Rising by Terry Moore!  (Read 9248 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: March 17, 2011, 12:46:18 AM »

Make sure you guys get in on this from issue #1 !!!!!

HELL YEAH

A REALM "MUST BUY" !!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 01:59:31 PM by Jeff » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 10:18:40 PM »

Drool....... Tongue

You know I'm gonna get this!

HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 01:23:09 PM »

Just a reminder!  Rachel Rising is in this month's Previews!  Be sure to reserve your copy!  Grin

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 12:52:56 AM »

Yeppers !!!!

Cool

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 01:34:49 AM »

Issue 5

Wow!  What an ending!  What did you guys think of this issue?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 01:40:11 AM »

Stopped at issue 2 as I decided I wanted it in trade.
Waiting ... waiting ...

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2012, 12:44:36 PM »

Is anyone still reading?
Just finished issue 10 and finally got the explanation for the resurrections.  But if course it only raised more questions!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2012, 02:32:43 PM »

Haven't read ten yet, but oh yes, I am still here.

Moore is just amazing, but he does make mistakes. Read where he screwed up on the cover and put that star of David on the necklace when he meant to put a pentagram.
 Cheesy

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2012, 09:15:00 PM »

Is anyone still reading?
Just finished issue 10 and finally got the explanation for the resurrections.  But if course it only raised more questions!

Yeah, some of those descriptions were ... cool  Grin

Kinda mad this isn't selling well for him, and I think his next project after this one is going to be geared away from what I want to really follow (Can't remember if it is a kids thing, a cartoon thing or a "how to" thing ... I just emember I wasn't to "up" for it). I just hope this lasts as long as his ECHO did (30 issues).

I guess after this, I will go back and re-read STRANGERS in PARADISE. I miss Katchoo  Smiley

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2012, 12:32:45 AM »

I've actually never read Echo nor Steangers in Paradise.  Yep this is my first delve into Terry Moore.  The ads for Echo in this book have been inticing.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2012, 01:47:00 AM »

The ads for Echo in this book have been inticing.

I enjoyed it. While Rachel is his horror book, ECHO was his sci-fi.

SIP was more a humanistic story. "A day in the life" type. Extremely well done and enjoyable, however.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2012, 01:55:13 PM »

Issue 11 - more secrets revealed.  I had dropped this from my pull list this month and guess what?  Yeah it needs to stay on.

Btw - I changed the thread title so it's easier to find.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 02:00:30 PM by Jeff » Logged

HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2012, 03:10:08 PM »

I have all the issues, but stopped at issue 7 because I misplaced issue 8 somewhere amid all the chaos in my comic book room....

Happy to report that I found it last night, and will be catching up on this book soon!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2012, 04:16:41 PM »

Happy to report that I found it last night, and will be catching up on this book soon!

WOO-HOO !!!!
 Cool

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2012, 01:46:39 PM »

Issue 11 - more secrets revealed.  

... and lies. Our girl Rachel is catching the evil witch Lilith on some changes to her story. And holy hell, how's about that last page reveal showing us where Lilith sent Rahel?
 Shocked
For some reason I really loved that.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS