HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:30:32 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kraven the Hunter premieres in theaters August 30, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Every time I get out, they pull me back in!  (Read 5669 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: February 02, 2011, 05:48:49 PM »

Just placed my pre-order for April and after cutting my list down to 22 issues this time last year, I'm back up to 45 issues!

I blame Perry. 

No particular reason but somehow it has to be his fault!   Grin

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 07:29:40 PM »

Just placed my pre-order for April and after cutting my list down to 22 issues this time last year, I'm back up to 45 issues!

Wowza !!!! I think I am down to 16 now. I think. Previews is delayed so I want to make sure before I say that is the number.
 Smiley
(Doing my darnedest this time to keep it under 20)

I blame Perry. 

No particular reason but somehow it has to be his fault!   Grin

Cheesy
I applaud your reasoning, sir.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 04:15:33 PM »

Just placed my order for April. I, surprisingly, am doing very well on dropping titles. Not that I am rubbing it in, Jeff.  Cheesy

It is a lot easier for me being in that local comic club and being able to read a lot of DC, if I want and can find the time, without having to buy them.
 Wink

My Order for April

AVENGERS #12
$2.39       
   BOYS #53 (MR)
$2.59       
   BRIGHTEST DAY #23
$1.79       
   BRIGHTEST DAY #24 (NOTE PRICE)
$2.99       
      CAPTAIN AMERICA #617
$2.39       
   FEAR ITSELF #1 (OF 7) *Special Discount* Limit 2 at 75% off
$0.99       
   FF #2
$1.79       
   GREEN LANTERN #65 (WAR OF GL)
$1.79       
   GREEN LANTERN CORPS #59 (WAR OF GL)
$1.79    
   HEROES FOR HIRE #5
$1.79    
   INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #503
$2.39    
   MIGHTY THOR #1 *Special Discount*
$1.99    
   NEW AVENGERS #11
$2.39    
   POWERS #9 (MR)
$2.37    
   PREVIEWS #271 APRIL 2011
$1.12    
   RUSE #2 (OF 4)
$1.79    
        SECRET AVENGERS #12
$2.39
   SIGIL #2 (OF 4)
$1.79    
   SIXTH GUN #11
$2.59
       SHIPPING
$6.25

17 titles (19 items if you count Previews and the additional Brightest Day, due to being bi-weekly). And to top it off ... I went to MONTHLY shipping. Yep, MONTHLY !!!!! Now THAT, sir, is how you get control over your addiction.
 Grin

Killed - Amazing, GL-Emerald Warriors, Action Comics (Super-Pooper coming back) and fighting the urge to add JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY
 Angry

(Of course, over the last two months I have added 3 mini's ... which I swore I would avoid ... so sometimes I slip and need another rehab visit)
 Grin

Of course luckily -
1) BRIGHTEST DAY will be over soon because Bendis' MOON KNIGHT will, no-doubt find a spot.
2) It was an off month for SCARLET

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 10:34:09 PM »

Here is the albatross mine has grown into.  Up from the 22 books I had cut it down to.....

I guess I can also blame Marvel for running some titles twice in one month.  That definately adds to the pull.

AGE OF X UNIVERSE 2
ANNIHILATORS 2
AVENGERS CHILDRENS CRUSADE 5
BATWOMAN 1
BLACK PANTHER MAN WITHOUT FEAR 517
BRIGHTEST DAY 23
BRIGHTEST DAY 24
CAPTAIN AMERICA 617
DAREDEVIL REBORN 4
FEAR ITSELF 1
FEAR ITSELF HOME FRONT 1
FEAR ITSELF SINS PAST 1
FF 2
GREEN LANTERN 65
HEROES FOR HIRE 5
INFESTATION 2
INVINCIBLE 82
JOHN BYRNE NEXT MEN 5
KICK-ASS 2 4
LEGION OF SUPER HEROES 12
NEW MUTANTS 24
PROOF ENDANGERED 5
RUSE 1
RUSE 2
SCALPED 48
SECRET AVENGERS 12
SECRET AVENGERS 12.1
SECRET WARRIORS 26
SHIELD INFINITY
TITANS 34
UNCANNY X-FORCE 7
UNCANNY X-FORCE 8
UNCANNY X-MEN 534.1
UNCANNY X-MEN 535
UNCANNY X-MEN 536
WALKING DEAD 84
WOLVERINE 8
WOLVERINE BEST THERE IS 5
X-FACTOR 218
X-MEN LEGACY 247
ZATANNA 11
ZATANNA 12
ZOMBIES VS ROBOTS UNDERCITY 1

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 10:26:23 PM »

Killed - Amazing, GL-Emerald Warriors, Action Comics (Super-Pooper coming back) and fighting the urge to add JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY
 Angry

Well that lasted about a week.  Angry I not only put Amazing back into my pull, I added JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY. And then completely out of left field, added that damn BATWOMAN title as well. (That one I can blame on Jeff as I had pushed it out of my head until he posted his damn list)
 Cheesy

That's okay, this month was still less than last and next month will be better  Smiley

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 11:38:46 PM »

And then completely out of left field, added that damn BATWOMAN title as well. (That one I can blame on Jeff as I had pushed it out of my head until he posted his damn list)
 Cheesy

Cheesy

Ha!  It's about dang time I got ya back for all the things I've added thanks to you!
(and I didn't know Bendis was going to do a Moon Knight until I saw your post.  Sigh.  The albatross continues to grow)

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 01:17:13 AM »

... and I didn't know Bendis was going to do a Moon Knight until I saw your post.  Sigh.  The albatross continues to grow)

Yeah, I was excited about that, but then I heard what Bendis is going to do and I am ... not as excited. Still gonna get it and I am stoked because it is one of my favorite characters by one of my favorite writers, but ... and yes, Moon Knight has a hard time holding down a title the way he is, sadly ... but this may be too much of a character change for me to enjoy.

We shall see  Undecided

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 01:08:07 PM »

I added JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY.

You do know it's written by the same person who wrote Generation Hope?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 07:50:32 PM »

I added JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY.

You do know it's written by the same person who wrote Generation Hope?

Yeah, but he also wrote four issues of Thor (before Fraction took over) that were some of the best issues I have read all year. Great story with Hela (one of the best Kirby costumes EVER), Tyr and even Mephisto ... used IN THE CORRECT WAY !!!!  Grin His previous 6 issues was pretty good as well, with Doom as the antagonist.
He is one of the reasons I was torn on adding Generation Hope. I was about to add an X-book just because of this writer ... until I found out I didn't like the art nor the writing in that book.
 Cheesy

I am hoping he sucks again, so I can drop another title,  Grin but if this Thor is ANYTHING like his last foray, I can't not add it. Plus he is working with Braithwaite again who, with his great pencil work, can just kill an Asgard story

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS