HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 12:16:44 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Captain America: New World Order premieres in theaters February 14, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Comic Book Day - Jan 26 - the day of a fantastic death  (Read 5283 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: January 26, 2011, 04:35:48 PM »

CAPTAIN AMERICA 614
FANTASTIC FOUR 587
GREEN ARROW 8
INFESTATION 1
PROOF ENDANGERED 2
SCALPED 45
SECRET AVENGERS 9
UNCANNY X-FORCE 4
UNCANNY X-MEN 532
WONDER WOMAN 606
ZOMBIES VS ROBOTS 0

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 08:32:06 PM »

Hitting my hands in about an hour ... (Two weeks worth)

BOYS #50
MORNING GLORIES #6
SIXTH GUN #8

WONDER WOMAN #606  (Last issue ... I think)
GREEN LANTERN CORPS #56
BRIGHTEST DAY #18
ACTION COMICS #897

INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #500
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #652
SCARLET #4
FANTASTIC FOUR #587
AVENGERS #9
NEW AVENGERS #8
THOR #619
SECRET AVENGERS #9
CAPTAIN AMERICA #614

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 08:57:26 PM »

Hitting my hands in about an hour ... (Two weeks worth)

AVENGERS #9
NEW AVENGERS #8

Bless you sir, for sticking with it.  I bailed out on both of these titles.  Just couldn't take the art.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 09:47:35 PM »

I can see you bailing on Avengers, as JR sguared has been less than stellar, but the art on New Avengers caused you problems?

I know I will not be happy when freakin' Chaykin starts ... *sigh* ... but for the most part, been pretty happy with it.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 04:59:49 PM »

Your right on New Avengers - it wasn't the art (I was thinking of that Bachlo art from when Dr Voodoo took over as Sorcerer Supreme) - This team doesn't gel for me for some reason.  I didn't find that I was interested in seeing what happened to them.

I figured thats ok b/c of the large number of Avenger books out now.  Secret Avengers is my Avengers book and I'm pretty happy with that.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS