HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 02:54:26 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dune: Part Two premieres in theaters March 15, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: India gets its own Comic Con  (Read 2728 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: January 24, 2011, 02:52:45 AM »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/india/8257221/India-gets-its-own-Comic-Con.html

For full article click on link above.

India is gearing up to host its first ever comics convention along the lines of the legendary San Diego Comic-Con International.

The two-day Indian Comic Con takes place next month in New Delhi, the country's capital, and plans to bring together comics fans, creators and publishers under one roof.
"Comics is big business in India right now and we felt this was the perfect moment to host our own Comic Con," says Jatin Varma of Twenty Onwards Media, which is organising the event.
"There is a lot of raw talent in India that needs to be honed. Artists and writers often don't get the access to publishers and distributors that they want. We hope we can provide a platform for this."

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 10:07:23 PM »

Great news, it's a big market to say the least.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS