HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 09:20:20 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Godzilla vs Kong 2 premieres in theaters April 12, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Animal Based Powers  (Read 7562 times)
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« on: January 18, 2011, 12:32:51 PM »

Weird question of the day.

Okay we all know several characters whose powers are based on an animal; Spider-Man being the most popular.

Which animal is the best to have powers based on?

Spider?
Bat?
Shark?
Wolf?
Eel?
Snake?
Lizard?
Hawk?

Whatever.  Anything in the animal kingdom to have powers based on, which would you pick?

The most spectacular?  The most practical in your day-to-day life?  Possible drawbacks?
Rich
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 06:41:17 PM »

Llama.

Kidding.

I would have to say eagle.  Flight, keen eyesight, proportional strength (they have to be able to lift things with those talons...), and a feathery butt.

Can't be beat!
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 08:42:55 PM »

This one is easy as, according to the wife, I already have such powers. I am -

THE SENSATIONAL SLOTH ®

Able to avoid or at least postpone most household chores until finally, out of exasperation, Mrs. Sloth (lowercase letters) takes it upon herself to get them done.

Need that trash taken out?
- "I'll do it right after Sportscenter, dear"
Help with those pesky dishes?
- "I'll get those after I take a shower, babe"
Clean out the gutters?
- "Yes dear, I was going to do it, but Dave came over with this new beer he wanted me to try and ... well ... 15 beers later ..."

Yes, the SENSATIONAL SLOTH ® . Moving at a snails pace to accomplish nothing !!!!  (™-1993)

Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 10:06:32 PM »

I would also lean toward having the powers of any bird of prey, eagle/hawk, as they possess multiple traits like eyesight, talons, strength, and flight.

Another choice would be any of the Big Cat family.  Like a Tiger-powerful predator, keen reflexes, quick and fierce!

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 03:46:59 PM »

Sure, the animals that are predators seem pretty cool to have, but imagine the powers of the turtle.

While not setting any land speed records, lets be honest, how many of us are all that fast? Also, the shell upon my back is the built up bony ridges of connecting ribs that lend ultimate protection. In water, I'd be pretty fast. I can snap really fast with my mouth, live a really long time without really caring about anyone else, and enjoy the most delectable pizza concoctions around!

Jimmy T since 2001
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 05:37:16 PM »

Sure, the animals that are predators seem pretty cool to have, but imagine the powers of the turtle.

While not setting any land speed records, lets be honest, how many of us are all that fast? Also, the shell upon my back is the built up bony ridges of connecting ribs that lend ultimate protection. In water, I'd be pretty fast. I can snap really fast with my mouth, live a really long time without really caring about anyone else, and enjoy the most delectable pizza concoctions around!

Cowabunga! Grin

-eric-
HR Vigilante

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 07:00:12 PM »

Technically, a spider is not an animal, but an insect  Grin  but I get your point.

I'd pretty much take any of the animals listed.  Especially if my other option was to be ...

"Form of Water!"   Grin
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 08:49:18 PM »

Technically, a spider is not an animal, but an insect  Grin  but I get your point.

Well ... Technically ... a spider is not an insect either, but ...

Wink
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 08:52:01 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2011, 09:52:16 PM »

Technically, a spider is not an animal, but an insect  Grin  but I get your point.

Well ... Technically ... a spider is not an insect either, but ...

Wink

Actually, a spider is an animal; it's not a mammal.  Arachnid, to be precise.  (Sorry, the biology nerd inside me burst its way out.  Smiley)

Anyway, interesting topic.  Let me think on it a while.

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
SPS
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2011, 12:30:17 AM »

cat-speed, agility, strength, keen hunting instinct, innate charm, ability to confuse people with captions that are not grammatically correct.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2011, 01:03:23 AM »

... ability to confuse people with captions that are not grammatically correct.

Cheesy
Only on Caturday damn-it.

SPS
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2011, 01:45:44 AM »

... ability to confuse people with captions that are not grammatically correct.

Cheesy
Only on Caturday damn-it.

Baby, everyday is Caturday in my world.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS