HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:13:45 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 2 premieres in theaters May 23, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: NFL Playoff Predictions!  (Read 23468 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2011, 04:46:42 PM »

That's okay; most of you seemed to pick against my Packers, and HOLY SH!T! An NFC Championship game! Wahooooo!!!!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Ed209
HR Super Hero

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2011, 05:52:24 PM »

That's okay; most of you seemed to pick against my Packers, and HOLY SH!T! An NFC Championship game! Wahooooo!!!!!!

See my last comment to Perry.   Grin  All for you Jimmy!
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2011, 09:08:20 PM »

.... and with that (and Sith still to go) the entirety of the Realm has picked against my Steelers.

I thank you all !!!!
 Grin

I knew that by picking against them, they would surely win.  I did it for you Perry.  You're welcome!  Grin

Thank you, sir. Make sure you pick the Jets this week.  Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2011, 09:15:24 PM »

Now in all fairness, I picked my games three weeks ago. I didn't go week to week like some of these chickens.
 Tongue

Grin

With that said, I know I don't want to face the Packers in the SB, because they look waaay too good right now. I will be pulling for the Bears very hard this week-end, even though I see no way they can win. They only thing they have going for them is that this is a true "divisional" game. Teams always ... ALWAYS play better/harder against divisional foes.

I still stand by my picks, other than I need to change my Atlanta pick to Green Bay now.  Undecided (Although I sure hope it's the Bears and Steelers in the SB. I fear them a hell of a lot less than the Packers. Of course, we still gotta get by the Jets first.)

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2011, 09:16:40 PM »

Well - looks like I need to re-pick for the divisional! 

Divisional
AFC
Steelers vs Baltimore- This will be a close one - I think I'll have to go with Baltimore just because they are on a roll.  (Sorry Perry)
New England vs NY Jets- Another close one but I'll go with New England

NFC
Atlanta vs Green Bay - I'll take Atlanta but I excpect it to be a hard fought win.
Chicago vs Seattle - Seattle's Cinderella story ends here.  Bears win handily.

Conference Championships
AFC
Baltimore vs New England - I'll go against conventional wisdom and pick Baltimore here.

NFC
Atlanta vs Chicago - I'm gonna pick the Falcons to keep it going.

SuperBowl XLV - played here in my hometown of Dallas
Atlanta vs Baltimore - I'm gonna go with the Falcons to win the whole thing.

The matchups changed but I've still got Atlanta winning the whole thing.  Of course, any given Sunday.....

Wow.  I only got the Bears game right.  Not a good year for me!

Time to reevaluate AGAIN!

Conference Championships
AFC
Jets vs Steelers - Ok, I'm sold - Pittsburgh to end the Jets run.

NFC
Green Bay vs Chicago - Ok, I'm sold here too - I think Cutler will choke, Rodgers will not.  Green Bay wins it.

SuperBowl XLV - played here in my hometown of Dallas
Green Bay vs Steelers - Tough call on this one.  Flip a coin.  I'll go with the Pack though.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2011, 05:22:32 AM »

I will actually be in Chicago Sunday because I'm seeing the Flyers play the Blackhawks at 11:30, then maybe sticking around somewhere to watch the actual game. I intend to get into some fights.

I'm already going crazy. My mind cannot comprehend the possibility of a Superbowl this year. Could the Packers do it? Divisional games, particularly with the Bears, are just hard as all hell. I have no idea what the Packers will bring to the table week after week. But since that Giants game, it's been football slaughter. Can they do it for two more games? I'll explode!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Sith_Chimera
HR Super Hero

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2011, 07:19:32 AM »

Packers vs Bears:

Packers. Easy.

Final Score:: Packers - 30 :: Bears 17

Steelers vs Jets:

Eh? Hmm.... Steelers.

Final Score: Steelers - 24 :: Jets - 21

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2011, 04:36:35 AM »

Packers over Bears....

and....

Will the Steelers line, which has seen a lot go awry this season with injuries, hold up to the defense of the Jets? I'm gonna err against the Steelers, because I'm not sure I want the Packers to play them for the trophy! (how's that Perry? Tongue)

Jets over Steelers.

But to be honest, I have nothing invested in that game, nor do I really root for one over the other.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2011, 12:54:37 PM »

I'm gonna err against the Steelers, because I'm not sure I want the Packers to play them for the trophy! (how's that Perry? Tongue)

Grin
I understand as I certainly don't want to face Rodgers in the SB.
 Grin

I keep seeing everywhere that the Pack will dominate the Bears today. Now I suppose that is a possibility, and I am picking them to win, but I think it really depends on which Cutler shows up to play. Bad Cutler checks in and the Pack will have a field day. Good Cutler takes the field and I think the Bears have a good shot at this.

People seem to forget that just 3 weeks ago, with the Bears already set in their playoff seeding, that the Pack had to ... HAD to win against the Bears just to make the playoffs. GB won, at home, 10-3.

Ten to three !!!!

At home !!!

I don't care what anyone says, divisional opponents always play harder against each other.

Although I think Rodgers is a great QB, I think there is a chance that a lot of people remove their mouth from Aaron's green and yellow @#$* today.

Again, it depends on Cutler. He should have easily had two picks in the Seattle game. If he does that crap here ...

As for the Steelers game, there is no way we should lose. Yeah, I said it. Should have won last time but Spaeth, playing the role of Anquan Boldin, drops two fucking TD's ... even though that last one was a toughy. We also only get one sack on over-rated, high throwing Dirty Sanchez.

Everyone is screaming about Troy Hair'amolu being back in the game, and yes, that will help, but I am more convinced we will win because we have Heath "I can catch those TD's" Miller in this game.

The weather ... that scares me, but hey we should still win. In fact ...

WE WILL WIN !!!!!

That's what I think of your jinx, world !!!!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2011, 11:35:38 PM »

NFC
Green Bay vs Chicago - Ok, I'm sold here too - I think Cutler will choke, Rodgers will not.  Green Bay wins it.

Woo Hoo! I got one right!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2011, 03:00:28 AM »

AFC
Jets vs Steelers - Ok, I'm sold - Pittsburgh to end the Jets run.

Woo Hoo!   Two for two today.  

This ought to be a GREAT Superbowl!!!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 04:27:29 PM by Jeff » Logged

Sith_Chimera
HR Super Hero

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2011, 03:10:37 AM »

9 - 1 for playoff picks this year.  Cool

Perry, that was a tough win for you guys there... but if they play that sloppy against GB, they're gonna get their asses handed to them. You can't tell me that this game was very un-Steeler-like today. Very sloppy route running and stupid mistakes (touchback).  Undecided

That being said. The Steelers, with time to prepare, are a force to be reckoned with.

Ah, Super Bowl Sunday can't come fast enough.  Grin

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2011, 02:41:06 PM »

I won't be able to last until February 6th.

I was football crazy before, now I'm...clinical.

My gut is already bunching up thinking about the game. I SO appreciate the opportunity to watch my team play for the Lombardi trophy and put the rest of the world to rest and quiet.

Will it be easy? Oh hell no. Do I think that the Steelers have the Pack's number already? Oh hell no.

But, being fandom, all I can say is f#ck those guys, I want my team to win!

(And I expect no less from Perry)

But I think the worst form of misery would have to be watch them lose to a team that has already won 2 trophies in the last decade. And its to a date rapist like Big Ben too. Unfortunately for Steeler land, I characterize the team around him and his boneheaded ways-because hey, I've always liked the Steelers. They're not flashy, they're winners, and they play pound'em down football.

But James Harrison is a shitty, dirty guy too, but hey, not all teams are perfect.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2011, 09:54:22 PM »

... And its to a date rapist like Big Ben ...

Now I hope you are just trying to get a rise outta me ... I mean, I know you were there and witnessed all that went down and thus are able to speak this "truth" like you are, but as far as I am concerned he is/was a stupid ass by all accounts and he deserves all the hate he gets for being such a stupid ass ... but rapist?

Ask the North Carolina rugby team how they feel about being called that and "everyone" knowing it was true. Oh yeah ... Wooops.

Cops found "NO EVIDENCE" of rape or anything to charge Ben with and yet you, knowing the complete situation know he is a rapist. Nice. Perhaps you should abandon your medical endeavor and go into law.

Tongue

Now that I am fired up over that crap again ...  Grin

But James Harrison is a shitty, dirty guy too, but hey, not all teams are perfect.

Shitty guy? Maybe
Dirty guy? As much as he swears he isn't, I have seen him do shit too many times to think otherwise. He is trying to kill people out there and he doesn't care how he does it. Perhaps "dirty" isn't the right word, but he does go way too far and I hope he gets F'n suspended ... next year  Cheesy ... for the way he tries to hurt people. Leads with his helmet, CONSTANTLY. Tries to bodyslam people on their heads, CONSTANTLY. Doesn't just tackle he head hunts with his forearms.

Plays football with great fire, but in the wrong manner.

Maybe dirty is the right word.
 Smiley

EDIT -
Forgot about the upcoming game ...

I think the Steelers only have a 35% chance of winning against the Pack. I have never routed for another team like I did the Bears yesterday, because I did NOT want to face the Packers.

Their strong points (Rodgers and his WR's) are going to exploit the weakest part of the Steelers (the Cornerbacks and safeties not named Troy). You throw the ball, you will win against the Steelers.
 Undecided
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 09:57:32 PM by Perry » Logged

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2011, 12:18:07 AM »

On Big Ben ( Cheesy )

Too much, over too many times. Was rapist an extreme? Sure. But he's a damn knucklehead about the bar scene, and then getting in cycle accident with no helmet.

And yup! I'm being picky as well too. But you have to find your digs when you are-

*swallows a dry throat*

-when you are talking about one of the best quarterbacks in the last 10 years. That man wins games. Looking at his stats against the Jets? Poor (ahem-Rogers too-ahem). But the guy knows how to make sure the game ends in a W for his team. He never gets talked like, well, the rest of the qbs that throw 4000 yards and have over 35+ TDs each year.

Which is crap. That guy is good. I just can't stand it! Tongue

For sure, the weather proof game in Texas on that new flooring surely favors the Packers game as well. I jsut can't think too confidently! I never speak or think of a jinx, because that's dumb, but I will not put any horse before the cart and call this a win already!

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS