HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:04:31 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom  premieres in theaters now!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Peter Milligan Raises the RED LANTERNS in New DC Ongoing  (Read 5151 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: January 04, 2011, 05:19:43 PM »

DC's line of Green Lantern titles are continuing to grow, with Red Lanterns getting their own ongoing series, the publisher announced Monday. The comic will join monthly titles Green Lantern, Green Lantern Corps and Green Lantern: Emerald Warriors.

Writing the series is Peter Milligan, best-known for work on Vertigo titles such as Shade the Changing Man and Hellblazer, plus Marvel's X-Statix and that company's upcoming 5 Ronin. In 2007, he wrote the DC Universe-set series Infinity Inc., which lasted 12 issues.

The Red Lantern Corps, introduced by writer Geoff Johns in 2007's Green Lantern #25, are led by Atrocitus (and include among their ranks the feline Dex-Starr), and are powered by the emotion of rage. No artist has been announced for the series yet, nor a release date beyond "2011." Comments from Milligan on the series can be found on The Source, DC's official blog.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 08:17:07 PM »

Not sure what I think - I'll have to mull this over for a bit.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 09:24:57 PM »

Not sure what I think - I'll have to mull this over for a bit.

I think it it is time for me to jump ship on the Lanterns.
 Undecided

Got a "DC guy" in my new book club, so I will still read them, and it sucks because I really want to support DC's $2.99, but with Superpooper coming back to Action with issue #600 and this Red Lantern bull crap, I think it is a good time to drop 4 DC titles.

Sucks because all the Marvel/Crossgen news had me missing and loving Bedards Lantern book.
 Undecided

Still get to read it though and I will probably stay on for another month ... to give my DC guy time ...  Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 07:23:51 PM »

GL Corps is so gooooooood......!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 07:27:20 PM »

Smiley

Well of course it is. Look who is writing it. My boy Bedard from Negation fame.
You are also reading REBELS, right? (and yes, I refuse to use "." after each letter  Grin)

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS