HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 09:09:58 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Deadpool 3 premieres in theaters May 3, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Top 20 characters  (Read 11826 times)
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2011, 12:06:39 AM »

As far as any member of the Fantastic Four go, I think an exception should be made and they should all by one single entry.

Sure, The Thing could stand out as he is the poster boy for "cursed by their powers" characters. 

But the F4 are such a tight unit (tee-hee) and their debut into comics had such a big impact, I think they should be together.

Sure maybe you can say the same for the X-Men, but their impact wasn't till later.  Plus, they switch out members so often the "X-Men" is mostly a concept.  Same could go for most superhero teams.

But the F4, despite the occasion roster changes, are seen as the original four member family more than anything else.

Then again it ain't my list so do whatever you want.  Grin
Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2011, 03:05:15 AM »

As far as any member of the Fantastic Four go, I think an exception should be made and they should all by one single entry.

Sure, The Thing could stand out as he is the poster boy for "cursed by their powers" characters.  

But the F4 are such a tight unit (tee-hee) and their debut into comics had such a big impact, I think they should be together.

I was thinking the same thing about the F4 being a single entry exception.  However, the more I think about it, Ben would certainly be the stand-out if one had to be chosen.  Although Sue happens to be my personal favorite, I agree with Ben being on the list.  To my recollection, he's the poster boy for "cursed by their powers" because he was the first hero to be so cursed (or at least the first widely known).

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
BatgirlLibrarian
HR Hero

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2011, 11:02:15 AM »

How about Death?
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2011, 09:48:25 PM »

Haven't abandoned topic ... just real busy and mulling things over.

Grin

Death ... may have to think about that, but as I am not given any credence to mythology creatures/characters, I may have to eliminate her as well.
 Undecided

And I can't put the FF in as the best character. Reed sucks. Human Torch sucks ... as far as depth of character.

Still thinking ....
 Wink

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2011, 03:05:02 PM »

I think you have to take Wolverine off.

His depth of character can be great and rich, and then wildly presented off the mark, or whatever it needs to be. I just don't feel that it is as strong as once was.

Spider Jerusalem? Hells' yeah!

Also, Jack Knight, Starman. Under Robinson, an amazing person was made.

The brilliance and play of Thanos under Jim Starlin was something to love and cherish (particularly opposite from Captain Marvel and Adam Warlock.)

John Constantine also gets a vote from me.

No votes for Two-face? Former ally and actual friend of Batman, his psychosis broken by accident, and his mind shattered, he's had a long course of ups and downs due to his mind.

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS