HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:19:15 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dune: Part Two premieres in theaters March 15, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Walking Dead Thread  (Read 43234 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2011, 02:05:03 AM »

The Walking Dead 86!

As expected, we get a quiet issue after all the craziness of the past few issues! The community is getting their stuff together and brainstorming some great ideas to keep their neighborhood safe. But who are we kidding? Something is going to go horribly wrong!

Abraham is busted for his cheating ways which was funny!

Hasnt Rick learned yet that he can't relax and smile?  Guess not!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2011, 06:40:15 PM »

The Walking Dead #87

***SPOILERS***

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
In an nutshell.....Rick makes a phone call and Carl doesn't have the foggiest idea what is going on!   Smiley

HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2011, 05:06:43 AM »

TWD #88

Here we go again!  Dissension in the ranks!

There's always gotta be some haters in the group!  Can't they recognize real leadership?  Or is it that trouble always follows Rick and his crew?

Poor Carl....His father is at his wits end, and needs to get out of town to clear his head.

Another fantastic issue.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2011, 12:17:55 PM »

TWD #88

Here we go again!  Dissension in the ranks!

There's always gotta be some haters in the group!  Can't they recognize real leadership?  Or is it that trouble always follows Rick and his crew?

Poor Carl....His father is at his wits end, and needs to get out of town to clear his head.

Another fantastic issue.

Agreed.  More thumbs up.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2011, 03:31:10 PM »

another outstanding issue...loved the parralles of Rick conversation and the usurpers.  Now it's game time...next issue should be interesting Smiley  wondering what side the rest of the Community will take.  Hope they side with Rick and our gang isn't ousted...again.  I dont see an easy end to this conflict which makes it all the more fun.
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2012, 04:39:45 PM »

New story arc is a couple of issues in...what do you think...is this guy full of sh!t or really there to offer assistance and entrance into a larger community.

I'm thinking it all bunk/set up...the current community had people out looking for others, it seems odd that these other communities might be close by but never discovered by the two who found Rick and crew (can’t think of their names)

Still loving this book and very excited for tonights return to TV.
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2012, 11:44:46 PM »

Maybe Jesus isn't lying after all?  I FEAR what lies ahead with this guy.  He's dangerous.  Pretending to be tied up, kicking zombies.....I can't figure him out.

And what is up with Carl?  Actively defying his father?  I think Jesus might be swaying him to the dark side....

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2012, 12:52:39 AM »

This is just insane.

What!!!!

Sell 'em if ya got 'em

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2012, 03:30:48 AM »

Holy Cow!  I wish I had them!

HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2012, 05:13:58 AM »

I got a #1 CGC'd at 9.8......thinking hard about putting it up on ebay.....

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2012, 11:12:38 AM »

I got a #1 CGC'd at 9.8......thinking hard about putting it up on ebay.....

One sold on the 20th for $1,325. Surprisingly not as much an increase as usual CGC compared to Non- CGC'd. Still a nice return of investment.  Grin Even with the cost of getting it graded. (What is that cost anyway?)

Edit - Wow, for about the same price ... FANTASTIC FOUR #48 (my holy of holy's) only graded 9.2, but still.

In fact, time for an avatar change.  Grin

And that issue 19 of Dead is selling for stupid, crazy price also. 1st appearance of Michonne. She is like the new Galactus.
 Cheesy

« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 11:19:47 AM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
HR Celestial

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2012, 12:01:20 PM »

Still a nice return of investment.  Grin Even with the cost of getting it graded. (What is that cost anyway?)

It's around $25 to get it graded for modern age books, and a little higher for silver and golden age books.   I got my copy graded way back at a Wizard World Los Angeles, when I saw that the Walking Dead was already gaining a huge cult following and it was going for around $200 ungraded.  I thought it would be a good idea to put some of the key issues I had under the slab to protect them from my grubby, oily fingers... Grin

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2012, 12:05:14 PM »

Sweet.

Let me know if you do throw it up. Not that I can pull a grand on a comic right now, but I would like to watch the insanity.
 Grin

HR Celestial

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2012, 05:09:23 PM »

The Walking Dead #96

Great issue, and kicks off the start of something brand new.  Could there be a charater on the horizon that is more cold and ruthless than the Governor?  This Negan fellow could be it!  Rick is willing to risk the lives of everyone so that they can have a chance at beginning life anew on "The Hilltop".  I love the speech where Rick is done with just "surviving" and it's time for "living".  But we all know that happy endings are few and far between in this book!

I thought that it was funny that Carl is now sitting in on the grown-up conversations.....he's been through a lot in the past year.....nothing scares him anymore.

One thing that did seem out of place was Rick giving Andrea a little peck on the cheek, but maybe the sight of the Hilltop has that effect...

I can't wait for SOMETHING TO FEAR!  Who wants to take bets on who's gonna die in this upcoming $#!+storm?!?

I'm so happy that they are trying to ship every 3 weeks until the monumental #100!!!!  Charlie Adlard must be a drawing machine!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2012, 12:55:54 AM »

I just preordered #100 with all variant covers!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS