HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 09:34:37 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Transformers: A New Generation premieres in theaters September 13, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: COMICs for Xmas Eve Eve Eve  (Read 5305 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: December 23, 2010, 10:24:30 PM »

Coming next week ...

SIXTH GUN #7 (Hooray)
MORNING GLORIES #5

GREEN LANTERN CORPS #55
WONDER WOMAN #605 (Last issue)
LEGION OF SUPER HEROES #8 (Last issue ... still picking up more to help the $2.99 DC plan though)
Like ...
ZATANNA #8

SECRET AVENGERS #8
FANTASTIC FOUR #586
INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #33

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 02:53:42 AM »

Iron Man/Thor 1
Black Panther Man Without Fear  513
FANTASTIC FOUR 586   
LEGION OF SUPER HEROES 8   
SECRET AVENGERS 8
UNCANNY X-MEN 531   
WONDER WOMAN 605   

ZATANNA #8

I've thought about picking this up.  Dini on Zatanna should be good.  Let us know what you think.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 03:22:01 PM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 03:33:56 AM »

I've thought about picking this up.  Dini on Zatanna should be good.  Let us know what you think.

Not a fan of magic books, but to support DC's 2.99 I had picked up the last couple and then went back for the rest. It is a fun little romp so far, outside of a lot of DC proper, which I like as my DC knowledge is limited for the most part.

I will let ya know on this one though.
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 10:44:15 PM »

I've thought about picking this up.  Dini on Zatanna should be good.  Let us know what you think.

Not a fan of magic books, but to support DC's 2.99 I had picked up the last couple and then went back for the rest. It is a fun little romp so far, outside of a lot of DC proper, which I like as my DC knowledge is limited for the most part.

I will let ya know on this one though.
 Smiley

Issue 9 came out this week.  What was your verdict on issue 8?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 12:33:53 AM »

Decent.

I can't honestly vote this book as a must read or a great read, even. I enjoy it, for the most part, but I have always liked Zatanna so I am bias
 Grin

The art is nice, the story is fun (for us Zatanna fans) but even with issue 8 I felt a little ... redundancy approaching. That is not a knock on Dini nor the story, but my inherent hatred of magic books. (Yes I know that makes little sense, me liking Zatanna but hating magic books but I also LOVE Dr. Strange, Phantom Stranger and Dr. Fate and yet every-time I try to read their books, I get bored with the outcome ... ya know ... it's magic  Undecided)

Still going to read it, and hope I can escape the same trap I always fall into with magic books, because it is good ... just maybe not stellar.
 Smiley

I say, if you are interested inperhaps picking this up, I would try one issue first and then go back and get the rest. Issue 8 is a decent place to start

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS