HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:29:55 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dune: Part Two premieres in theaters March 15, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: In Heaven, In Hell  (Read 3250 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: December 17, 2010, 09:52:05 PM »

I am ...

IN HEAVEN - as MARVEL has announced two titles from the old CROSSGEN days will soon to be returning. Ruse and Sigil will soon be in my hands  Smiley

IN HELL - Both are mini's  Angry

IN HEAVEN - They will be only $2.99  Smiley

IN HELL - They still will not beat out most of the X-Books in sales  Angry

IN HEAVEN - Mark Waid will be returning as the writer of RUSE. A comic he wrote while at CROSSGEN  Smiley

IN HELL - SIGIL main character will now be a woman and not my bad-ass, item morphing Samandahl Rey  Angry

IN HEAVEN - I have started the process of tracking down all of the CROSSGEN titles I use to own.  Smiley

IN HELL - I realize it would have been a lot easier to just have kept my old ones  Angry

IN HEAVEN - Getting to re-read the entire run of NEGATION. The comic responsible for bringing me back to comics after a 10 year hiatus. (Yes, it was that F'n awesome)  Smiley

IN HELL - Spending the money to get all of them  Angry

IN HEAVEN - Seeing all the great artist that now work at Marvel (Epting, McNiven, Pelletier, etc...) back on the titles I knew them from.  Grin

IN HELL -  Seeing pencils by Bart "BARF" Sears on the title the FIRST Angry

IN LIMBO -  What ever happened to artist Ben Lai Huh

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 09:44:47 PM »

I really never got into the crossgen stuff the first time around.....that good eh?  I tried Mystic, Sigil, Way of the Rat, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, and Chimera...but those couldn't hold my attention for long.....which were the good ones in your opinion?

Is Ruse available in trade?  Maybe I'll search it out and give it a whirl.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 11:42:32 PM »

Without question nor hesitation I say NEGATION was the brightest star in the Crossgen line. Like I have said, it is responsible for bringing me back to comics after the early 90's drove me away screaming.

If I were to put a grade ... or order of greatness  Grin ... I would say

NEGATION (Tony Bedard and Paul Pellitier ... both are okay on their own, but together they were incredible)
RUSE (F'n Sherlock type character with a wise ass/god as a helper ... hahaha)
MERIDIAN (Really worked well with the Sigil's, plus McNiven art !!)
SCION (Just for Cheung I believe)
THE FIRST (was really fun read, but GOD THE ART SUCKED!!!! Bart Sears !!!! UUUGGG)
SIGIL (I liked Sam  Undecided and the art got waaay better)
CRUX (Good Atlantis survivor story)
SOJOURN (My first foray into Greg Land ... I was blown away ... at first ...)
MYSTIC (for awhile)
ROUTE 666 (was fun ... in a Ghost Rider/Son of Satan kind of way)
WAY OF THE RAT (was funny at times ... can't remember the damn monkey's name though)

KISS KISS, THE PATH, CHIMERA (which I hated), SOLUS (which was confusing) and all the later titles kind sucked just because the company was falling apart by then, and I lost my love affair with the idea of Crossgen ... DAMN THEM)

El Cazador and Brath were pretty good also.

(Crap, keep forgetting to add BRATH to my want list )
 Angry

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS