HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 04:55:08 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Gladiator 2 premieres in theaters November 22, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Planetary v4  (Read 6516 times)
BatgirlLibrarian
HR Hero

« on: December 19, 2010, 05:42:22 AM »

Finally got to the comic store to pick up Planetary v4; first comic I ever had put on hold for me.

I like Planetary mostly because I like the concept of it; they really are superhero archivists--keep the world a strange place.  It disappoints me that Jakita is rarely on 'top 10/50/100 lists of awesome superheroines' because she really should be.

Planetary v 4  was..good, but sort of disappointing.  I think I wanted something big and fantastic for the ending of a series and I got it, but it still wasn't exactly what I wanted.

That's about the vaguest I could be, but it really is how I feel.  Sort of Yay!meh.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 01:50:03 PM »

(Putting aside my recent rant/post)
 Angry

That sucks.

I have yet to read the final chapter on this fantastic, nostalgia driven series, but I was hoping it would "wow" the masses. It looks like it may fall short of that.
 Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 05:26:52 AM »

Really? I found the ending to be, well, a rather beautiful ending. It became about doing the impossible for a friend, and I loved all the moments of the final pages just for that.

Jimmy T since 2001
BatgirlLibrarian
HR Hero

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 12:46:23 PM »

@Jimmy T--I'm going to reread it and see if my first reaction was partly disappointment that it's done. 

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 02:45:57 PM »

I do feel that I had an initial reaction like that as well; I think I've been trying to follow Planetary for the 10 years it took to come out, but once I settled in to what had happened, I did like it. Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS