HR Boards
October 24, 2020, 01:48:41 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Blade reboot premieres in theaters tentatively in 2022!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: INFESTATION - IDW EVENT BY ABNETT & LANNING!!  (Read 7729 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: December 10, 2010, 01:28:48 PM »

Wow - Abnett & Lanning are busy these days!  This looks fun so I'm going to pick it up.  Star Trek & Zombies?  Oh yeah, I'm there!

ZOMBIES VS ROBOTS 100 PENNY PRESS ED 0

Never before released as a single comic, and the perfect lead-in to this month's Infestation, to boot! This Zombies vs Robots prequel tale introduces the interdimensional gateway that's about to see a lot of zombie action. This special Hundred Penny Press edition throws 24 pages of Ryall/Wood zombie/robot mayhem your way for just a single dollar.

INFESTATION 1

Dan Abnett & Andy Lanning (w) o David Messina (a) o Gabriel Rodriguez, J.K. Snyder III (c)

It begins here! The first-ever IDW event, which affects the Transformers, G.I. Joe, Ghostbusters, and Star Trek universes! This dimensions-spanning storyline begins with a specially priced 40-page story by Abnett & Lanning (The Thanos Imperative) and David Messina (True Blood). Something goes horribly awry in the Zombies vs Robots universe, threatening to tear many of IDW's biggest realities asunder! Don't miss the IDW event ten years in the making!

STAR TREK INFESTATION 1

Scott Tipton, David Tipton (w)  Casey Maloney (a)  John K. Snyder III, Casey Maloney with Gabriel Rodriguez (c)

The first-ever event in IDW Publishing's history crosses over into the Star Trek universe with this two-part, bi-weekly series! A routine visit to a colony world takes a horrifying turn when Admiral Kirk, Mr. Spock and Dr. McCoy find themselves surrounded by hordes of the undead! Spinning out of the pages of last month's INFESTATION, this series takes the crew of the Enterprise into a dark and deadly new direction! *2 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1 ratio. FC ? 32 pages In-store date: 2/9/11 *Retailer incentives: Order 10 copies, get one free blank zombie-hand cover Order 25 copies, get one free variant unique hand-sketched Gordon Purcell cover

STAR TREK INFESTATION 2

Scott Tipton, David Tipton (w)  Casey Maloney (a)  John K. Snyder III, Casey Maloney with Gabriel Rodriguez (c)

The second chapter of a bi-weekly Infestation tie-in! Admiral Kirk, Mr. Spock and Dr. McCoy fight for their lives against mobs of zombie colonists! Will they be able to prevent the Infestation from spreading throughout the Federation? And will they discover the greater threat behind the undead invasion in time to save themselves?! *2 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1 ratio. FC ? 32 pages

TRANSFORMERS INFESTATION 1

Dan Abnett & Andy Lanning (w)  Nick Roche (a)  John K. Snyder III, Nick Roche with Gabriel Rodriguez (c)

The biggest event in IDW Publishing's history infects the TRANSFORMERS universe with this two-part, bi-weekly series written by Infestation architects Abnett and Lanning! BOOM! BAM! SMASH! Buildings are falling, and the dead are rising! When Big-Bad GALVATRON crash lands on Earth, something ain't right. It's up to our 'Bots-in-blue to run to the rescue or... well... EVERYONE to fight off not just Galvatron, but the zombie horde spreading through Las Vegas! *2 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1 ratio. FC ? 32 pages Expected in-store date: 2/2/11 *Retailer incentives: Order 10 copies, get one free blank zombie-hand cover Order 25 copies, get one free variant unique hand-sketched Dan Khanna cover

TRANSFORMERS INFESTATION 2

Dan Abnett & Andy Lanning (w)  Nick Roche (a)  John K. Snyder III, Nick Roche with Gabriel Rodriguez (c)

It's 106 miles to Vegas, They've got full tanks of gas, half a pack of energon, it's dark, and they're wearing disguises. HIT IT. Zombies are the latest show on the Vegas Strip, and it's going to be an action-packed battle of machine and mayhem to get this town cleaned up! Don't miss the conclusion of TRANSFORMERS: INFESTATION! The concluding issue of the bi-weekly TRANSFORMERS Infestation tie-in! And wait'll you see where new writing mainstays DnA take the TRANSFORMERS next month! *2 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1 ratio. FC ? 32 pages

"If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?" - Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 07:02:03 PM »

Zombies vs Robots #0

Has anyone followed this series?  IDW reprinted issue 1 here because it's the foundation for thie Infestation event.

Gotta say I really liked this issue.  It feels like Proof or Chew.  Except there is basically no good guys.  I'm thinking about digging up the rest of the series and checking it out.

"If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?" - Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 11:37:05 AM »

Am I the only one following this?

G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 02:17:06 PM »

All the major players.....Star Trek, Transformers, GI Joe, and Zombies.....

But this is a story I have no interest in following.

How is it?

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 07:38:15 PM »

All the major players.....Star Trek, Transformers, GI Joe, and Zombies.....

But this is a story I have no interest in following.

How is it?

Unfortunately, your not missing much.  I read the Zombies vs Robots #0 and got psyched up for this but the crossover is pretty bland.  I'll finish it out then send the whole lot up to eBay.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS