HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 03:43:50 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Deadpool 3 premieres in theaters May 3, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: HeroRealm's 2010 Comic Book Awards - NOMINATION TIME!!!  (Read 5468 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: December 08, 2010, 08:59:13 PM »

Howdy Realmers!  It's that time again.  

Time to nominate your favorite comic book related stories/characters/creators from 2010!

Listed below are the categories we award.  Please feel free to nominate as many candidates in each category as you wish.

Nominations will close on December 17.

CATEGORIES:

1.  Herorealm Comic Book Character of the Year
2.  Herorealm Comic Book Mini/Event of the Year
3.  Herorealm Comic Book Single Issue of the Year
4.  Herorealm Comic Book Artist of the Year
5.  Herorealm Worst Comic Book of the Year
6.  Herorealm Comic Book Series of the Year
7.  Herorealm Comic Book Writer of the Year

Simply reply to this post with your nominations.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 05:36:25 PM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 08:24:54 PM »

Sorry, I missed this.
Just saw it.
 Undecided

Ummm ...
BRB

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 07:55:57 PM »

Wow.  No nominations?  Comics must have really sucked this year!   Shocked

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 10:37:19 PM »

CRAP.
Time is not on my side ... Be Right Back ... again.  Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Ed209
HR Super Hero

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 02:57:46 PM »

Awesome.  So if I nominate something I guess my nominations win because no one else has posted?   Grin

I, too, will BRB.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 09:33:38 PM »

1.  Perry's Comic Book Character of the Year -

THOR. Yeah, yeah, I know what you are thinking, but this guy was on top for the entire year for me. Great stories, movie coming soon, countless comic titles, you name it, it was a year of Thor.

2.  Perry's Comic Book Mini/Event of the Year

Brightest Day ... I guess. Only "mini" I got as I stopped getting them to save money. Events just bled together, so I say this.

3.  Perry's Comic Book Single Issue of the Year

SECRET AVENGERS #2 - I know, kind of a weak choice, but for some reason that issue stuck out as a really enjoyable read. Not as strong as past winners (Like JMS Surfer story), but still brings a smile.

4.  Perry's Comic Book Artist of the Year

Salvador Larocca - Just go look at an issue of IRON MAN. Yep, nothing more needs to be said. He has been good for years, he is now great.

5.  Perry's Worst Comic Book of the Year

I am not listing one ... I only remember two that sent shivers. One was a Titans book, but that was from years ago and the other was a Huston Wolverine story that was pretty damn bad but I didn't buy, so I refuse to list it.

6.  Perry's Comic Book Series of the Year

LOCKE and KEY - Fantastic book. Can't believe it took me so long to jump on. I have since 'retraced' my steps. Read this from the beginning and you will see that Stephen Kings son, Joe Hill, is doing great stuff with this comic. Of course ... it is ending soon, so I can put this in the best mini category, right?

7.  Perry's Comic Book Writer of the Year

Terry Moore - Just get off your lazy ass and hit your LCS and pick up his latest (and also soon to be ending) ECHO title. Talk about nailing great timing and character development. (Then, go back and pick up all the trades of STRANGERS in PARADISE).

List soon to be edited  Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2010, 05:28:07 PM »

All right guys - I won't set up the poll until after new years.  So, if you have anymore nominations post them this week!

G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2010, 07:15:05 PM »

Need to think on this some, but here's what I came up with so far...

1.  Herorealm Comic Book Character of the Year - TBA

2.  Herorealm Comic Book Mini/Event of the Year - Locke and Key. It spans across several minis each year, and this year's installation added another layer of awesomeness to an already great tale.

3.  Herorealm Comic Book Single Issue of the Year - TBA

4.  Herorealm Comic Book Artist of the Year -  TBA

5.  Herorealm Worst Comic Book of the Year - TBA:Too many to narrow it down to just one...

6.  Herorealm Comic Book Series of the Year - The Walking Dead.  Still far and away my favorite read month in, month out. Kirkman and Adlard consistently have me glued...And with the TV show out, this series will continue to rise in popularity.

7.  Herorealm Comic Book Writer of the Year - I'm with Perry, and gonna go with Terry Moore on this category.  For a black and white indy book, Moore can really convey a thrilling story with females that display unique and shocking life-like personalities.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS