HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 12:03:08 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Gladiator 2 premieres in theaters November 22, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Superboy & The Legion of Super-Heroes - Reread Project  (Read 14 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: Today at 12:54:26 AM »

About 3 or 4 weeks ago Jimmy, Perry, and I got to talking about the classic Legion of Super-Heroes books and we soon realized that not only had Jimmy not read some of the great early stuff from the 70's and 80's but that both Perry and I had spotty memories as to some of the adventures.

Before we knew it, the challenged had been dropped and we decided to start reading through them at the same time so we could talk about a lot of the things that made it great....and to see if it holds up to the test of time.

So we pulled up our DC Infinite Ultra apps and, while not all issues are there, began reading what they do have.

Here is what we have read so far:

Issue 200 - The Wedding of Bouncing Boy and Duo Damsel

Issue 222 - Tyroc centric tale of deception.

Issue 223 - The Time Trapper!

Issue 224 - The villain Stargrave - Brainiac 5's Father?

Issue 225 - Superboy vs new Legion leader Wildfire!

Issue 226 - First appearance of Dawnstar!

Issue 227 - The truth about Stargrave!

Issue 228 - Classic Death of a Legionnaire!
Chemical King

Issue 229 - Avenging the Legionnaire's death!

Issue 230 - Possibly worst villain Levitz ever created.  Angry

Issue 231 - Great Fatal Five story!

All New Collector's Edition #55 - The Tabloid sized comic showcasing the wedding of Lightning Lad and Saturn girl!  I have a copy of this 10 inch x 14 inch comic somewhere around the house.  Was my favorite back when I was a kid because it looked so huge!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: Today at 12:59:05 AM »

Issue 232

This is our next up issue (although Jimmy has read ahead!).  Feel free to pop in and join us if you'd like.  We are having a blast re-living the Legion days of old!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS