HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:19:00 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Deadpool 3 premieres in theaters May 3, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FABLES THREAD  (Read 11291 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: September 23, 2010, 06:26:19 PM »

TWICE THE FABLES IN OCTOBER - INCLUDING ISSUE 100!

FABLES #99
Written by BILL WILLINGHAM
Art by INAKI MIRANDA
Cover by JOAO RUAS
Mister Dark continues having his effect on the mundy city of New York, as Castle Dark rises menacingly above the skyline. But now one of the Fables (no, we won’t tell you who) has vowed to kill Mister Dark in a duel. What has to happen before a duel? A visit from one’s “Seconds” to try to talk them out of such folly. But who’s powerful enough to call on the Dark Man without getting his body corpsified and his teeth stolen?

FABLES #100
Written by BILL WILLINGHAM and MARK BUCKINGHAM
Art by MARK BUCKINGHAM, BILL WILLINGHAM, CHRISSIE ZULLO, JOAO RUAS and STEVE LEIALOHA
Cover by JOAO RUAS
In this fantastic 100-page issue, it’s time to put an end to Mister Dark once and for all, and time for the Fables to return home to Fabletown. For that to happen, one of the Fables agrees to take on the Dark Man in single combat! It’s big, it’s epic, and if you live in New York City, you may want to take a quick vacation when this issue comes out, because things are going to get wrecked!
    In addition to the larger-than-life main story, we have a FABLES prose story written by Mark Buckingham and illustrated by Bill Willingham! We have an All-Star Burning Questions section that will knock your socks off (seriously, innocent people are going to lose some socks here). We have a puppet theatre created by the unstoppably creative Mark Buckingham, a FABLES board game, sequential stories painted by Chrissie Zullo and Joao Ruas, and even more surprises in this square-bound behemoth celebrating this award-winning Vertigo series!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 08:35:04 PM »

These 2 issues are gonna be awesome!  Definite milestone in this day and age of new #1s, renumbering, and relaunches!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 09:47:39 PM »

Too bad I get this in Trade.   Wink

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 10:12:40 PM »

I just started reading this (up to issue #3) ... Glad I waited so now I dont have to wait to read the next issues, ya know, cause I DON"T have a huge stack of other "new" comics to read
 Roll Eyes

Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 05:00:17 PM »

By Pamela Mullin

I approached the writing of my story for Fables #100 with considerable trepidation.

I had, more by accident than design, written a strip for House of Mystery a year earlier, to which Bill Willingham had added the finishing touches, but this would be my first time writing solo for DC. Add to that the fact that I hadn’t written prose professionally before and, as you can imagine, the whole thing felt pretty daunting.

My initial plan had been to create an Agatha Christie style mystery but, as I began to write, it soon became apparent that it would be too complex a tale to fit in just a few pages.

I eventually found the subject for the story, a tale of Pinocchio and Geppetto, amongst a collection of plot ideas for the regular series I had sent to Bill and editor Shelly Bond a year earlier. It had an ending that had always existed crystal clear in my mind. So I unashamedly stole it back and with it found the confidence I needed to write.

I must admit I was nervous as to what Bill and Shelly would think of my story. It was a huge honor to be allowed the opportunity to write for Fables and I didn’t want to disappoint.

Shelly was delighted and invested a lot of time in helping me refine it. Thankfully Bill not only liked it but responded with a fantastic set of illustrations. His full page splash of Geppetto is my favorite, perfectly capturing the pivitol moment in the tale. It was an incredible experience and a joy to see Bill bring my words to life.

~Mark Buckingham

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 09:36:37 PM »

Fables #102

Written by BILL WILLINGHAM; Art by MARK BUCKINGHAM & STEVE LEIALOHA; Cover by JOAO RUAS

This issue begins a 5-part story called "Super Group!" Now why, oh why, in this crazy mixed-up world would we saddle an important funny-book series that has, in 100 issues so far, never had anything to do with Super Heroes with a title like that? And why has snotty little Pinocchio suddenly got it into his head that he needs to design tight-fitting costumes for a carefully selected small team of Fables? In fact, why was the little brat caught looking over his own comic book collection, mumbling things like, "We can call him Werewolf Man, and he can be the Golden Knight, and she can be called The Green Witch?"

On Sale February 16, 2011
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 06:33:30 PM »

I finally tackled the 100-page monster that was Fables 100!  All story, no ads!

Chapter after chapter, this book didn't disappoint.  Practically sets the stage for the next 100 issues!   Dealing with Mister Dark, a new Fable is born into the world, questions from real-life Hollywood celebrities, and even a freakin' puppet theater and boardgame!  Are you kidding me?  They packed this issue to the gills!  There's even a short story where Willingham and Buckingham switch creative roles for a story involving the once great Adversary!

Damn proud to be a part of this book from issue #1!!!

HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2011, 07:02:51 PM »

Fables #107

Terry Moore (Echo, Strangers in Paradise, and Rachel Rising) provides the artwork to this month's installment of Fables featuring Sleeping Beauty.  Not a bad story...mostly setup for the upcoming "Fairest" miniseries spin-off with Phil Jimenez, but it's always cool to see Terry Moore doing something else not of his own creation....and in color! Cool

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS