HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 06:46:58 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Despicable Me 4 premieres in theaters July 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Uncanny X-Force Thread!  (Read 23346 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2012, 08:31:10 PM »

I read this last night and I agree whole heartily.  Really nice wrap up to the Dark Angel Saga.

I find that I actually agree with all of your points.  Is that a first?

Love that Apocalypse Kurt is hanging around.
The art I might not love on other titles but here works well.
I wish Beast would go back to pre-cat look.
My only complaint was the Deadpool/Sabertooth dump "joke".  Seemed out of place and not really funny.
After Angel is going to be interesting.  Lot of story potential there.

I'll add that I hope this finally busts up the Psylocke/Angel relationship for good.  I like both characters but not together.  Feels forced.

Looking forward to the 19.1 issue AND looking forward to seeing what Remeder will do with Secret Avengers.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2012, 08:36:52 PM »

Looking forward to the 19.1 issue ....

I hope you enjoy it. I refuse to even read it. Point THIS, Marvel (Of course you can't see my crotch grab, so that may have been pointless ... hahaha  Grin ... Like me ... POINT'less  Undecided)

Oh ... yeah ...

I find that I actually agree with all of your points.  Is that a first?

Probably... Cheesy
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 08:39:45 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2012, 03:39:36 AM »

i've been enjoying this book immensely.  Rick R has been knocking out of the park.  loved the whole dark angel plot from the search for the life seed to the "death" of archangel.  I had my doubts when this title started as I really didn't want to read yet another Apocalypse story as i've been sooo let down with the past few.  Rick hit all the right notes with that and the subsequent issues and has made this one of my 1st reads when it comes in.

looking forward to the changes to the line up (Grumpy Nightcrawler Smiley ) and whatever else he has planned...between this, Venom and his upcoming Secret Avengers I'm really digging Rick's work.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2012, 01:50:53 PM »

Uncanny X-Force #21

I don't know if it was the bad art or the story but this title took a nose dive with this issue.  Way to confusing and not enjoyable for me at all.  I guess even the best strike out every now and then.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2012, 08:11:26 PM »

The art was a departure from previous issues, for sure, but I think having the Captain Britain Corps in this and the subject matter of this story, without having a little bit of a background to them is a huge mistake. I, being a fan of Excalibur (before the X-Plosion of freaking titles) enjoyed it and all of its ... weirdness, but I can certainly see where fans would not be too pleased with this issue.

This was like a Grant Morrison book. You either like it or not.  Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2014, 05:46:56 PM »

So I came across an issue of this that I apparently forgot to give back to Dave, and I just flipped through it and remembered how much I really liked this.

Question, is there anything like this out in the "X" world currently? Again, I am really not into mutants or X-books, and haven't been for years, but this was a really fun book that almost took me back to the days I enjoyed the 2 or 3 titles the X-Men had out
 Angry

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2014, 01:21:08 AM »

Uncanny Avengers.  Same writer and same craziness with Apolcalypse twins.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2014, 01:37:34 AM »

Uncanny Avengers.  Same writer and same craziness with Apolcalypse twins.

Well  ...
A) Thanks  Cool
B) Spoilers  Tongue

Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2014, 03:00:21 AM »

Ha! 

Not really a spoiler though since they are talked about in every solicit.  I'm actually still reading it since I've only read basically the first two trades. I've hot the third trade and the following issues sitting in the stack.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2014, 01:05:33 PM »

Grin

I tried the first 3 issues (obviously ... it is Remender after all) but just didn't hit for me. I know it has gotten a lot better, as has his Cap, which I initially avoided due to the J.R.JR art (man I miss his old style).

I am sure I will jump on both eventually.  Smiley

Any good X books though, other than Remenders hybrid team? I mean any proper mutant team books that are good out there currently. Not solo books and not Bendis. I am thinking about dipping my toes back into the mutant-verse, and want a team book, but not wanting to read a Bendis team book to do it.

How's the current X-MEN, or AMAZING X-MEN or the current X-FORCE? Anyone know?

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2014, 04:39:42 PM »

You can skip X-Force.  I was pretty disappointed with it.

Amazing X-Men - I picked up the first arc for the return of Nightcrawler but that was it.  I can't remember if I didn't keep getting it b/c of funds or the book.

X-Men is female focused.  I picked it up for a little bit and enjoyed what I read but not enough to stay on board.

Really the best one out there is All New X-Men (and the only one I'm getting right now) - but its Bendis.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2014, 04:43:24 PM »

Isn't there another tie in book that he does, or am I just thinking of Gaurdians?

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2014, 07:07:17 PM »

Isn't there another tie in book that he does, or am I just thinking of Gaurdians?

He does Uncanny X-Men as well but they are fairly independent of each other.  I stopped reading Uncanny - it's more about the new kids they have recruited and the art is terrible.  You definitely do not need to read both and where All New X-Men is great, Uncanny is not.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2014, 06:11:02 PM »

I'm just getting caught up on the 2 titles on Unlimited before. The thought I had to a friend was "where is the goal of these 2 books?"

Not that comics need goals, or to fit purely structured arcs, but team books need something to do (and that something can be a goal; i.e. Scott wanting to protect his mutant people.) I'm just wondering when he gets around to it. 9 issues in on Uncanny, and he's talked to his new recruits all of once. No joke.

And I'll call NOT sending the original 5 back immediately as the worst X-men decision/macguffin story device ever. Oh, I like reading all the 5's reactions to things, but the worst thinking decision the X-people have really done in this current time.

Then again, looking back on their mistakes...this may be right in line with whatever they always do!

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS