HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 09:32:15 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Deadpool 3 premieres in theaters May 3, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Uncanny X-Force Thread!  (Read 23348 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: September 23, 2010, 05:41:55 PM »

Launches in October!!

UNCANNY X-FORCE #1
Written by RICK REMENDER
Pencils by JEROME OPEÑA
Cover by ESAD RIBIC
Blank Cover also available
Variant Cover by MARKO DJURDJEVIC
Variant Cover by CLAYTON CRAIN
Variant Cover by ROB LIEFELD
“AGES,” PART 1
Wolverine promised Cyclops that X-Force would disband -- he lied. A secret society has resurrected En Sabah Nur, putting into motion events that will turn this age of heroes into an Age of Apocalypse! To hold them back, Wolverine and Archangel bring together Fantomex, Deadpool, and Psylocke to form The Uncanny X-Force! Stained by their history, they are the only ones capable of making the hard resolutions necessary. A band of likeminded friends and mercenaries set to one purpose, one big ugly task -- kill Apocalypse by any means.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
troyfreund
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 08:52:07 PM »

so who's read it?  The artwork looks nice, but I haven't had the $ to bring it home. Sad
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 11:43:11 PM »

It's I my stack but I haven't got to it yet.  I'll read it this weekend and report back.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 02:41:02 PM »

Issue one was a decent enough setup issue but lacked some of the "Umph" that Yosts X-Force had. 

Even though their leading you to who the villain will obviously be, the last page was a nice surprise that I didn't expect.  And it will keep me on for the next issue as I want to see where it's going.

Issue 1 was probably a 3.5 out of 5 stars overall with the arc having the potential of going higher.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 09:45:18 PM »

Wow, I am out of the loop.

I have no idea who "Fantomex" is and Archangel is back ?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 10:48:06 PM »

Wow, I am out of the loop.

I have no idea who "Fantomex" is and Archangel is back ?

Yeah, this is about the time my interest in the x-books had started waning.  Fantomex was one of those weird Grant Morrison characters that went way over my head.  Roll Eyes

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2010, 12:39:00 AM »

Fantomex is from the Weapon Plus program.  I think he is Weapon XI where Wolverine is Weapon X.

Yeah - he was from the Morrison run.

Archangel came back in the recent X-force run before this reboot.  He can control the change now.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2010, 09:35:08 PM »

Issue 2 Preview

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2010, 05:03:29 PM »

Just finished issues 2 & 3.  Still a solid 3.5.

Not bad but not great either.

I really miss Yost on X-Force.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2010, 08:36:58 PM »

Enjoyed reading issue 1 and 2 (although I am still a tad confused coming in this with no recent X history to lean on ... at all and very little past Bishops first appearance in fact). My boy aint through with his yet so I have to wait on issue 3.
 Undecided

Kinda like Fanomex more than I thought I would.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2010, 01:36:51 AM »

I've always liked Fantomex, actually.  He's a weird character that fits in good with the Weapon X program.  A nice character for Wolverine to play off of.  His banter with Deadpool should be good too.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2011, 04:52:31 PM »

Issue 4

Mid way through I'm thinking "This is ok but not a must have.  Maybe I'll drop it."

Then Fantomex did what he did and I'm sucked back in.  No way am I dropping this.  Hilarious and a nice end to the first arc.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2011, 11:12:00 PM »

Just got through issue #7.

Felt a little lost as I missed issue #6 (and that pisses me off, because I enjoyed issue 4 and 5). Not sure if I liked this or not as I was a little too "what the hell is going on"ish
 Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2011, 03:45:26 PM »

Coming out tomorrow - June 1st

Uncanny X-Force #11

Dark Angel Saga: Part 1 - Written by RICK REMENDER Penciled by MARK BROOKS Cover by ESAD RIBIC Variant Cover by MARK BROOKS. Apocalypse is dead. His heir, Archangel, has picked up where his predecessor left off, amassing an army of En Sabah Nur's greatest servants! The only hope X-Force have of saving Warren Worthington from the dark entity that inhabits his soul, rests in a dimension where Apocalypse, and his technology, took over the world, the solution lies in-The Age of Apocalypse! However, before X-Force can obtain the thing capable of saving their friend, they must defeat The Amazing X-Men! 32 PGS./Parental Advisory Cover price $3.99.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2012, 06:54:14 PM »

UXF Issue #19

Well a bit of a jump on issues in this thread,  Grin but what we get is a pretty damn fun comic. I enjoy the After Angel story here, and like that Kurt is going to be around again, even if it isn't Kurt.

Not a prude, at all, but really didn't enjoy the thought of Deadpool watching Sabertooth take a dump. I am not a fan of thinking about Sabertooth taking a dump ... in the least, much less being a fan of Deadpool watching it, so that was a little bit of a downer on the writing.

The art is a style I wouldn't have liked when I was younger, but I now seem to have an eye for it. Really scratchy. Separates itself from a lot of other artist. Though I do miss Beast being drawn like Beast instead of a beast, but that will always be my lot as no-one wants to go back it seems.

Good 'non-action' issue over all.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS