HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:54:08 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Joker 2 premieres in theaters October 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Sixth Gun!!!  (Read 10508 times)
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« on: September 21, 2010, 10:11:06 PM »

Please tell me someone else is reading this!

Great story - western/supernatural genre done right!

If the Jonah Hex movie was actually good, if not great, it would be this series!

Anybody else hooked like me?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 12:43:25 AM »

Loving this book.

The art. The story. Great read.

I love how all the guns do different shit.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 05:07:07 PM »

SIXTH GUN #5
-------------------

This is a great book.

I think I am adding this to my trade collection after I sell the original issues. I like the western/supernatural slant and the art is just ... cool.

We are finding out more and more about the guns, but they lead us to more and more questions. What 'treasure' could be in that vault?
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 11:11:17 PM »

For all you trade waiters, The Sixth Gun tpb came out today!
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 01:58:33 AM »

... And it's worth getting.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 04:29:31 PM »

For all you trade waiters, The Sixth Gun tpb came out today!

... And it's worth getting.

... And it's ordered!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011, 10:33:21 PM »

Bless you, Jeff.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2011, 04:01:16 PM »

I finally started reading the TPB and I read the first two chapters (issue's 1 & 2) last night.

I had not read anything about this book so my expectation was that it was a western adventure.  That is definately not the case.  The supernatural plays a BIG part in the Sixth Gun.  I wasn't sure how I felt about that as I don't normally like the "ghost story" type things in comic books but I have to say, the characters have drawn me in enough to see enjoy where this is going.

I can't wait to pick it back up tonight and continue the journey.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Tokyo Vigilante #1
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2011, 11:13:30 PM »

I can't wait to pick it back up tonight and continue the journey.

There you go, folks.  Someone tried a great indy title and enjoyed it.

I feel so great, I want to...

...I want to...

...I want to...

...I want to...

...I want to...

...I want to...

...I want to...do this...!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2011, 05:22:12 PM »

Just finished the trade.  Great story.

I'll keep picking this up in trade as it's a good read in this format.

The guns are fascinating.  I'm looking forward to the next arc.  I'll bet we haven't even scratched the surface yet.

Oh and..... SPOILER WARNING......I LOVED the way the gun regenerated the hand - very unexpected surprise!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2011, 10:07:53 PM »

Still love the ghost tree.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2011, 10:27:27 PM »

Coming out Wednesday, February 23rd....

Sixth Gun 9

(W) Cullen Bunn (A/C) Brian Hurtt
Nature itself revolts as a fiendish new enemy makes a play against Becky, Drake, and Gord... and the goal is to leave no man or woman alive! Plus, the budding romance between Becky and the charming gunslinger Kirby Hale heats up... but is Becky setting herself up for disaster? Cover price $3.99.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2011, 12:34:57 PM »

Read the first page or two and realized I forgot to read issue #8

Angry

DAMN IT !!!!!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2011, 12:43:16 AM »

The Sixth Gun TPB Vol 2 - ordered and waiting for shipment!   Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS