HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 09:48:57 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Hunger Games: Songbird and Snakes premieres in theaters November 17, 2023.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: WS: Ex Machina  (Read 8428 times)
troyfreund
« on: September 08, 2010, 01:32:39 PM »

Dang, what an issue!  I can't believe no one has been talking about Ex Machina #50, the final issue!  What'd you all think?  I gotta re-read it again.  The last page is a surprise.  BKV and Harris, et al really did a great job on this series--50+specials (how many issues total?) of good, good comics.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 05:12:06 PM »

I pick Ex Machina up in trade so I haven't made it to the end yet.  I'll definitely chime in once I get the final trade!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Rich
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 06:05:09 PM »

I loved it.  I really did.  The twist at the end was nice, but what intrigued me was the "other" Mitches that he encountered.  I really would have liked to have seen more of them.  I really liked that he left it ambiguous as to whether or not he was being controlled, or if the universe was that different that McCain was a Democrat. 

Loved, loved, loved it.  I'm going to have to go back and re-read the whole thing.  Vaughn rocks.  ROCKS.
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 08:16:04 PM »

Excellent series from beginning to end.  Some bittersweet moments though in the final issue.....Kremlin....Bradbury....even Mitchell himself looked down and out.

I'm also wondering about the circumstances that he is retelling this whole account.  Maybe recording his memoirs?  Perhaps an attempt to relieve the guilt and weight on his conscience so the whole truth will finally come out?  Gotta love these ambiguous endings.

One of the best reads I've come across in my decades of comic collecting for sure! 

BKV....I have an idea for a title if you ever decide to return to these characters! 

Deus Ex Machina!!!! Cool

I hope that he returns to writing Runaways or something else that is new soon!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 06:23:34 PM »

The final Trade is coming out in October!  I'll be caught up to you guys next month!

EX MACHINA VOL. 10: TERM LIMITS TP
Written by BRIAN K. VAUGHAN
Art and cover by TONY HARRIS
In this final EX MACHINA trade paperback collecting issues #45-50 of the Eisner Award-winning series, Mayor Hundred must navigate the most challenging hot-button issue of his career, while a powerful new enemy reveals a terrifying plan that’s been in the works since the very first issue of EX MACHINA!
Will Mitchell Hundred’s new archenemy, a dogged reporter with powers far beyond those of the Great Machine, bring down the mayor’s administration? Will the tragedies hinted at in the very first issue of the series actually come to pass?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 08:35:47 PM »

Let us know what you think!  I'm sure you will not be disappointed!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS