HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:05:31 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom  premieres in theaters now!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: THANOS IMPERATIVE - * * * S P O I L E R S * * *  (Read 5494 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: July 14, 2010, 05:08:17 PM »

Thanos Imperative Ignition 1

Written by DAN ABNETT and ANDY LANNING. Art by BRAD WALKER. Cover by ALEKSI BRICLOT. Thanos is back! On one side you have the Marvel Universe's #1 threat! On the other: a dark new force determined to obliterate everyone! In the middle are the outnumbered and battle-hardened heroes that stand between us and complete decimation! A war has ignited which will combine the galaxy's most dedicated warriors with a collection of heroes that you never saw coming! It's a battle that will span the cosmos, deliver major shocks, and will prove to you why IGN proclaims 'Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning can seemingly do no wrong' and Aint It Cool News raves that Abnett and Lanning consistently deliver 'terrific action, interesting character development, and some pretty good jokes all rolled into one amazing package.'

Thanos Imperative 1

Written by DAN ABNETT and ANDY LANNING. Art by MIGUEL SEPULVEDA. Cover by ALEKSI BRICLOT THE NEXT HUGE MARVEL COSMIC EVENT IS HERE! The dangerous and mysterious fissure known as The Fault has opened, and the dark forces of a rival universe where there is no death are pouring through to claim ours! Nova, The Silver Surfer, Quasar, Gladiator and more of the greatest cosmic champions of the Marvel Universal line up to stop them, but it could be more than even they can handle. Luckily, Star-Lord, Rocket Raccoon and some of the galaxy's underdog, never-say-die heroes have a plan. It's a crazy plan. It's called...Thanos! Welcome to the end of everything, brought to you by acclaimed writers Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning and superstar artist Miguel Sepulveda (THUNDERBOLTS)! So grab your blaster and find out why critics like Ain't It Cool News raves '(Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning) succeed in producing the most entertaining super hero comic books on the stands today.

Written by MIKE O'SULLIVAN & VARIOUS Cover by ALEX GARNER The THANOS SOURCEBOOK is an ideal primer for any reader of the latest saga to rock the cosmos! Featuring biographies on Marvel's intergalactic cast of characters - as written by Earth's Richard Rider, the Nova Prime!

« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 05:15:14 PM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 05:11:42 PM »

I caught up on these three last night.  I love what Abnett & Lanning are doing with Thanos and the Guardians of the Galaxy here.  This is going to be fun.

My only gripe is that it has all of the other cosmic characters in it.  This should be a Guardians only story.  They have enough characters to keep us going.  One exception: I like that the Silver Surfer is going to be a part of this.  I just don't care to see the Inhumans or the Mohawk guy from the Imperial Guard.  Even Nova is not necessary for this adventure.

But I LOVED the big reveal at the end for who the real bad guy is from the Cancerverse.  Should have seen that coming with a name like Cancerverse.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 05:14:47 PM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 05:13:09 PM »

Coming out today!

Thanos Imperative #2

Written by DAN ABNETT and ANDY LANNING. Art by MIGUEL SEPULVEDA. Cover by ALEKSI BRICLOT Thanos...Nova...Silver Surfer...Quasar...Gladiator...the cosmic heavy-hitters take the stage as Marvel's latest sci-fi saga rockets onwards! A rival universe where life is the ultimate curse--and reality is determined by twisted, monolithic gods--is gouging into our own! Even the great abstract figures of creation like Oblivion and Eternity have taken up arms! What possible significance can Star-Lord and his band of misfit heroes hope to have? And how will the Mad Titan Thanos choose to take his stand? Find out here - and also find out why Aint It Cool News says: 'Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning continue to put out stories full of amazing characters and exquisite scenery...each issue is jam packed with the best Marvel space characters that put most of the stories on Earth to shame.'

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 06:45:22 PM »

Thinking this will lead to the a COSMIC AVENGERS title. As I have seen where ... crap, forgot who it was now ... but ... crap ... well anyway, another writer has been given another AVENGERS title. Was it ... Van Lente?

It may just end up being another mini or something like NOIR AVENGERS, but I am hoping for Cosmic.
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 04:57:19 PM »

Coming up in October!  Hard to believe we're closing in on the end of this one.

THE THANOS IMPERATIVE #5 (of 6)
Written by DAN ABNETT & ANDY LANNING
Penciled by MIGUEL SEPULVEDA
Cover by ALEKSI BRICLOT
Thanos lives, but now Lord Mar-Vell moves in for the kill! The Undying Lord of the Cancerverse has underestimated the tenacity and fury of his adversary, but no longer! The Mad Titan is outnumbered and outgunned by the Cancerverse forces, and his unlikely allies—Star-Lord, Rocket Raccoon and the other brave misfits—find themselves making a last stand to save the galaxy’s #1 villain! It’s another unpredictable chapter of the saga that IGN.com calls “First class stuff...it’s accessible and epic” and Newsarama.com hails as “one of the most enjoyable reading experiences of the year; it’s a summer blockbuster backed by humor and characters I actually care about.”

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS