HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 06:43:10 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Deadpool 3 premieres in theaters May 3, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: SUPERMAN  (Read 5715 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: July 03, 2010, 07:44:59 PM »

Wow, now thread on DC flagship character?

Anywho

Issue #700

And I thought I picked a bad time to add SUPERGIRL to my pull. This was certainly less than stellar ... less than super. That first story by Robinson and ... whoever, was horrible. absolutely horrible. no pacing, no sense of structure. just bad.

The second story was decent enough ... for a Robin story, but this was suppose to be a Superman comic celebration. Yeah, I get it, he played a part but lets not kid ourselves, this was a Robin story. The only thig I really enjoyed was the art. Have always liked Jurgens stuff (one of the reasons I tried BOOSTER GOLD recently), even if just in layout form. Very, Bagley'esque but a little tighter.

The last story just really let me down. This is what JMS brings to the table? A woman crying about her husbands fall to Cancer? Really? Is she that special? I mean if this is a friend of the family I am not aware of then okay, I see it, but just for some random upset widow to blame Superman for not 'lasering' her husbands Cancer away ?? LAME.

Still around for a few more issues as I have faith in JMS, but add in the 'I hate Superman' factor and that faith will wain rapidly and I will jump ship.
 Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 11:56:10 AM »

Sat down yesterday and read SUPERMAN up-to-date, and ...

I am off this title.
 Undecided

I love me some JMS, I do, but I just don't love me this.  Grin

I am just not enjoying Superman. But that is no surprise as I have always hated the character. I know they say that there are "no bad characters", but I disagree, he wears a read cape with a huge 'S' on it. JMS couldn't even save this title for me.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 02:57:59 PM »

I can't challenge Perry on this.

This book is, well, I call it pathetic. It's uninteresting. A slice of life is fine, but a friggin' year? Ugh. And the interlude issue that came in due to JMS health was terrible. A waste of trying, if anything.

703 had a good scene with DickBatman, and a decent fight in there, but it's not doing anything for me.

Waste my character for 2 and a 1/2 years with that terrible New Krypton stuff, and now he's only in one of this two primary books? What a waste!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 04:39:34 PM »

Is anyone following the GROUNDED storyline?

Superman #707

Written by J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI // Art by Allan Goldman & Eber Ferreira
Cover by JOHN CASSADAY; 1:10 Variant cover by JO CHEN

In a small town near Des Moines, Iowa, Superman discovers that everyone is terrified of something, but they won't say what – they just want The Man of Steel to leave as fast as possible. Find out what horrible secret awaits

« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 04:47:27 PM by Gay Titan » Logged
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 04:40:55 PM »

Superman #708

Written by J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI & CHRIS ROBERSON; Art by EDDY BARROWS & J.P. MAYER
Cover by JOHN CASSADAY; 1:10 Variant Cover by TREVOR HAIRSINE

Superman meets the new Wonder Woman for the first time! But why can't he shake the feeling that he already knows her? The Man of Steel will have to figure that out later, as the two heroes have their hands full defending Omaha, Nebraska from the evil Keres, a supernatural force determined to rid the town (and the world!) of all Amazons – and they're not too crazy about Kryptonians, either.
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 04:45:37 PM »

Superman #709

Written by J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI & CHRIS ROBERSON; Art by EDDY BARROWS & J.P. MAYER
Cover by JOHN CASSADAY; 1:10 Variant cover by ADAM HUGHES

Superman visits Boulder, Colorado, as "Grounded" races forward! And speaking of racing, here comes The Flash! The Scarlet Speedster has made a strange discovery that relates to Superman, so he tracks The Man of Steel down in the Centennial State to get some answers! What did Flash discover? Well, let's just say there's a reason Superman isn't very happy to see him…
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS