HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 02:48:14 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kung Fu Panda 4 premieres in theaters March 8, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AMC's WALKING DEAD  (Read 57243 times)
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2010, 04:29:45 AM »

Loving every minute of it! 

Second episode.....SPOILERS BELOW!

I thought that maybe Rick would have used that grenade at some point in this episode!  Well maybe since they are spending at least another show in Atlanta, he'll get to pull the pin and use it.

I wish the zombies in the show were a little bit lower functioning - not being able to climb fences or use rocks to break windows, but I guess some are roamers are in various stages of decomposition and mind still retain higher brain functions still.

Gotta love the lighthearted moments even though they've been done in other zombie movies....Love how Glenn was able to unleash the car on the open highway at the end.....but I hope the car alarm doesn't draw them towards their camp!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2010, 03:38:39 PM »

Didn't really enjoy this episode at all.

Few of the reasons and Spoilers below ........................................

I thought it was over acted and over acted poorly to boot, especially by Rooker (Merle).

The dialog, other than the discussion about the necklace, bordered on juvenile ("His name is Kevin and I will tell my family about him" ... really? I like the attempt here, but ... fail).

Acting by "Rick" was also less this week. While in the tank, he was reading script, not acting in reaction to what Glenn was saying. I could set a metronome by the rhythm of his responses to Glenn. No variation, no thinking, no processing.

The constant "Ewws" and "ohhs" while there were spreading the zombie goo on. I get it, it is gross. It's like seeing someone eat their favorite candy and hearing them say "yum" or "Mmmm" after every, single bite. WE GET IT.

The way we saw storm clouds looming, and we all knew what that meant, yet it took the drops to fall on someone before we are "shown" what was getting ready to happen and for them to start worrying.

No.

As high as I was after the first one, I am as low on the second. Really disappointing. Really.
 Undecided

Hoping episode three returns us to glory.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2010, 05:25:50 PM »

Thought I posted this before but I guess I forgot to hit "POST".

From Newsarama:

THE WALKING DEAD Renewed for a Second Season on AMC!!

After two strong weeks in the ratings, The Hollywood Reporter and Deadline.com reported Monday afternoon that AMC has officially renewed The Walking Dead for a 13-episode second season.

The news shouldn't come as a surprise: according to the network's press release, the Oct. 31 season premiere of the adaptation of the Image Comics series attracted the largest audience for an original series in AMC history with 5.3 million total viewers, and this past Sunday night's season episode held strong with 4.7 million.

The first season of six episodes is scheduled to wrap on Dec. 5. Thirteen episodes is the standard length for AMC original series such as Mad Men and Breaking Bad. AMC's senior vice president of scripted programming Sharon Tal Yguado is quoted in the release as saying, "I wish all programming decisions were no brainers like this one." (Possible zombie pun?)

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2010, 07:23:33 AM »

Why in the hell is this season only 6 episodes long?!?!

3 episodes in, and at this rate I think we'll still be in Atlanta in season 3!  I'm all for adding new material that wasn't in the comic series, but this is getting a little excessive!

Other than that minor quibble, I enjoyed the episode immensely.  Even though I know where we're going storywise, I like to see how it plays out in live action.

I know wait in anticipation of Perry's review..... Grin

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2010, 02:08:28 AM »

I know wait in anticipation of Perry's review..... Grin

Cheesy

Well then ...

Grin

This was better.

Spoilers are probable .... likely .... a safe bet ... in here.

We are not back to the amazing tastiness of episode 1, but still better than last weeks horrible effort, though Rooker (Merle) I still see will be a problem for me. His acting is just really bad here. Sad too, because I do usually like his work.

I do feel ya on the Atlanta thing, guess they want to get as much as they can for the set and scenery, but this has to be the last time. I mean really.

I guess they are not going to put Rick through the same thing they did in the comics after what happened in this episode? That is a shame for that was such a huge moment for us readers. An impact-full event that pushed Rick even further towards the edge of his own humanity/sanity at the time and had us (or at least me) with jaw in lap. I understand why they don't do it here, or won't do it here, but it will be missed by me.
 Undecided

Also didn't like the way they had Glenn driving the car, up to the site, with the alarm still blaring. Glenn is smarter than that. He is young, but he is very witty when it came to the Atlanta Zombie Charter  Grin and he would have killed the alarm first even if it was safe not to do so. But that may be just my take on his character ... I may be giving too much credit to the character.
 Undecided

Loving Dale here, however. Actually like him more in this than in the book. Odd.

All in all still better and hoping episode 4 kicks ass.

And yes, one of my other favorite TV shows ... on AMC in fact (BREAKING BAD) also had a short first season (7 episodes). Good way to test the waters without committing too much I suppose. And that show, since season 2, is just about the best show on TV ... Hoping WALKING DEAD can give it a run.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2010, 03:11:12 PM »

My boy Alex has about the same thoughts I do ....

WD talk

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2010, 04:28:33 PM »

Found this while surfing the web this morning.  I like the way the cast is color coded to being - Alive, Dead, Undead.   Smiley

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Characters_(Pictorial_List)

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2010, 09:22:35 PM »

Found this while surfing the web this morning.  I like the way the cast is color coded to being - Alive, Dead, Undead.   Smiley

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Characters_(Pictorial_List)

Nice find Jeff......needs a spoilerific warning though for those not caught up!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2010, 09:24:36 PM »

Grin
Yeah ... I stopped real fast.

Jeff even warns me of the color coding, but I had to peek. But I regained control and exited that th'ang.  Grin

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2010, 07:35:10 PM »

Last episode had some big changes (compared to it's comic version) but worked pretty well. I liked the addition of the 'gansta' hospital and for a second, a brief second, was actually worried about Glen ... No, not Glenn, but Glen. Glenn I worry about all the time.
 Grin

And a really good Zombie attack as well.

This was a good'n

Smiley

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2010, 09:17:11 PM »

*S P O I L E R   A L E R T*

Yeah - I was psyched with the attack.  Got to watch my wife's mouth drop when they got Andrea's sister.  Reminded me of how I felt when I read it in the comic.

Good times.  Good times.

HR Celestial

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2010, 01:06:51 PM »

At first, I had a hard time enjoying the episode mainly because Guillermo the janitor's acting was horrible and over the top, and they had a pathetic white kid trying to play a hard latino gang member. Didn't work for me at all until the old lady came and ruined it for them..

Glad the zombies came and thinned out the campsite...there were way too many survivors there! I gotta say that I think that the show has overstayed it's welcome in Atlanta, but we still have to resolve the whole Merle matter and Shane situation...

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2010, 08:26:51 PM »

No thoughts on the finale?

I liked it.  A good wrap up.  For a minute there I thought Shane was heading towards his end.

Can't wait to see where they go with a full season next year.

HR Celestial

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2010, 02:51:57 PM »

So what do you think the Doctor whispered in Rick's ear??? I have a guess but it would be another departure from the comic.... Lips sealed

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2010, 04:07:06 PM »

I don't know what it was, but I know I just hope it wasn't an "origin" of the disease whisper
 Undecided

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS