HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 11:25:59 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Deadpool 3 premieres in theaters May 3, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: INVINCIBLE  (Read 24430 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2016, 02:05:00 PM »

Invincible coming to an end with issue 144.

http://www.skybound.com/robert-kirkman-on-the-end-of-invincible/

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2016, 01:54:35 PM »

Saw that a few days ago and man I am bummed. Even though I haven't read this title in ... years, I have all the HC's and "plan on getting back to it" soon. I hate that it is ending, but sales pretty much tell the tale. It is just costing Kirkman too much for what he is getting back from this title it seems.

Of course, going out on the 12² issue  Wink makes a lot of sense, huh?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2016, 02:00:05 PM »

I kept up with this in TPB and then it was one of the very first I switched to digital on.  You can get digital fro cheaper than the trades sometimes on Image stuff.

It is still good but I think he was just running out of ideas for it.  I think the core tale of this hero has been told and ending it now is not a bad thing since it's still a fun read.

I was actually curious why he didn't go ahead and do a final six issue arc that ends with 150 though.  Seems like that would be a nice tidy ending number.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2016, 02:13:44 PM »

I was actually curious why he didn't go ahead and do a final six issue arc that ends with 150 though.  Seems like that would be a nice tidy ending number.

Well for floppies it would be, and maybe even for trades, making the last trade v25 (about 6 issues per book) but for the ones he makes the most money on ... I would wager  Wink, the issue #144 ending means he can end his HCs at v12 (12 issues per book) and his compendiums at v3 (48 issues per book). I know I will be getting all the HC's once it is complete. Not sure I would buy the last trade to go with my HC's. It would look odd on the shelf.
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2016, 03:23:42 PM »

Ahhhhhhh!  Ok, that makes total sense to me now.  He is the king of marketing.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2016, 11:05:55 PM »

Super-bummed. Sad

But also heartened that a proper idea, with a good plan is to be had. Even reading through the Ultimate hardcover of volume...11? 12?, I could only wonder how the series continues, or what could happen, or eventually happen.

I've loved reading all of it. To have a definitive answer and ending for the story (and that doesn't mean it's all over; its just ended Wink ), well that's great too. Most of my beloved characters and books do have an end.

But I'll still be sad to see it done.

I think the last time I bought my Ultimate hardcover, I only reread the whole series from 7 and up. Every time before that I had reread ALL of them. I may have to do that when the next volume comes out; or maybe save it for the very final Ultimate one!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS