HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 12:50:16 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kraven the Hunter premieres in theaters August 30, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: INVINCIBLE  (Read 24416 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: April 06, 2010, 03:50:19 PM »

Coming out tomorrow, April 7!

INVINCIBLE RETURNS #1

AT LONG LAST, INVINCIBLE RETURNS TO HIS ORIGINAL COSTUME! After the shocking events of the Invincible War and the cataclysmic battle with Conquest, Invincible is ready to turn the page to a bold new era: just in time for THE VILTRUMITE WAR, starting in next month's INVINCIBLE #71! This special self-contained issue will bring readers new and old up to speed on everyone's favorite superhero comic. If you've never read INVINCIBLE, now is the time to dive in! And if you've been reading since the beginning: You know it's all been leading up to this moment! Either way, hold onto your hats!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 04:26:41 PM »

Get on board this book people.....as far as superhero books go, it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 07:33:03 PM »

Get on board this book people.....as far as superhero books go, it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Agree again (what is this, bizarro day?)  Grin.

It is like Amazing Spider-Man without the bullshit deal with the devil.  Smiley
(There, that ought to break it up a bit)
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 08:50:59 PM »

Agree again (what is this, bizarro day?)  Grin.

It is like Amazing Spider-Man without the bullshit deal with the devil.  Smiley
(There, that ought to break it up a bit)
 Cheesy

We're going to have to continue the bizarro streak......as I do agree that the deal with the devil in ASM was crap! I'm just still reading the book!  Grin

DKnobius
HR Super Hero

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 03:24:09 PM »

I too agree!  Starting getting the singles at #60, and then went back and got all the trades.

This is a great series.

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 01:01:23 PM »

Newsarama had a 9-page preview that got me interested. I picked up Invincible Returns yesterday and plan on reading it on my lunch break today.

I am curious to see if there are interactions with Zephyr, Noble Causes and Dynamo 5.
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 02:23:23 PM »

Newsarama had a 9-page preview that got me interested. I picked up Invincible Returns yesterday and plan on reading it on my lunch break today.

I am curious to see if there are interactions with Zephyr, Noble Causes and Dynamo 5.

The Invincible Universe is pretty much self-contained, and the interactions with other creator's characters has been pretty limited.

HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2010, 05:55:54 PM »

Issue #73 - Viltrumite War is underway.  Lots of punching and fighting as expected.  The last page will put Invincible to the test and see if he can live up to his name!

DKnobius
HR Super Hero

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2010, 06:37:18 PM »

The latest issue was good.  It felt more like one of the early issues with the interactions between Oliver and Nolan. 
Overall very good.  Don't want to spoil it too much here. 

HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2010, 04:55:16 PM »

The latest issue was good.  It felt more like one of the early issues with the interactions between Oliver and Nolan. 
Overall very good.  Don't want to spoil it too much here. 

Lots of father/son conversation.....and bonding over a little hunting. I thought that Mark's healing factor worked a lot faster.....I hate how it took literally months!  Wolverine heals faster!  Damn alliance traitor in their midst that is going to give the Viltrumites the advantage!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2010, 11:00:32 PM »

I just finished Vol 12 TPB.  Great trade - almost makes me wish I was getting this monthly so I won't be behind you guys so much.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2010, 01:41:41 AM »

I just finished Vol 12 TPB.  Great trade - almost makes me wish I was getting this monthly so I won't be behind you guys so much.

Make the jump....you know this book is better than some of the books you get on a monthly basis!  Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2010, 04:36:13 PM »

I started picking this up in monthly issues after I read Vol 13.

Love the VILTRUMITE WAR.

By the way, Perry - these issues are still $2.99!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2011, 02:07:26 PM »

By the way, Perry - these issues are still $2.99!

Grin

Just pre-orded my INVINCIBLE - ULTIMATE COLLECTION vol 6 this past month. Hooray!!! (wish that was $2.99  Cheesy)

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2011, 12:53:26 PM »

Issue 76.

Spoilers allowed.....

So why would the Vultrimites let Mark and the rest live?  Surely it's more complex than an attack on Earth?

Thoughts?

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS