HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 04:00:55 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome back Realmers!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: INVINVIBLE IRON MAN  (Read 6330 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: March 27, 2010, 12:27:06 PM »

IRON MAN #24

It seems, for the last 15 or 16 issues, that every-time I start a topic on Fraction's Iron Man, I want to start it with one word ... 'Wow'. Let this topic be no different.

Wow.

A fantastic end to the recent arc and a perfect spot for the new one to begin (just in time for the second IRON MAN series  Cool)

Great use of Dr. Strange. Great use of Maria Hill. Fantastic use of Ghost (The Thunderbolt guy). And on the flip side, fantastic use of LaRocca on pencils (he is just killin it).

I did have one problem with this issue ... Ghost seemed to be in such a hurry, yet he tries to choke Tony to death instead of just doing the great VISION trick (going incorporeal and then solidifying). He does that later, but if in a hurry, why not start that way? Choking is a passionate killing so I get that, but if in a rush ...?

Regardless, that does little to sour a very nice end to a great 'Morrison'esque' (but much better ... coherent mind slaughter) arc.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 03:06:48 PM »

One of the two best books to read consistently for over 2 years now.

Always a first read, and something I've gone back to reread twice now as well. That's a great run to me.

Although, I want to see how "easy" an out it is for this Tony to now be a Tony who never went through the period Post-Cap's death and Director of Shield.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 06:00:58 PM »

I just got Vol 2 & 3 of the HC's in the mail yesterday and started reading Vel 2 (collects #8 - 13).  This kicked off the World's Most Wanted storyline which is where I left off when I dropped it.

I"m up to what is essentially issue 11.  Really good read so far.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 12:48:17 AM »

Oh it gets better.
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 05:09:13 PM »

Coming out in October!

INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #31
Written by MATT FRACTION
Art & Cover by SALVADOR LARROCA
Vampire Variant by SALVADOR LARROCA
The Seattle Tech Expo opens and Stark Resilient unveils their masterpiece to the world...and all hell breaks loose. The explosions don't stop until our double-sized finale to STARK RESILIENT! Buckle your seat belts -- it's going to be an explodey night.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 07:54:44 PM »

Any Realmers want to give a brief summary of Tony's current adventures? Why and when did Pepper get a chest piece?
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2011, 11:55:25 PM »

Sorry man, just saw this.

Pepper was trapped in an explosion at one of Tony's parties and needed, essentially, the same chest piece Tony has.

Pepper is now RESCUE, a suit designed with defense capabilities and little else.

Lots more has transpired in-between, like Pep and Tony sleeping together but Tony doesn't remember that, because Tony had to wipe his brain so Osborn would not get his hands on all the info Tony had and ... wow ... I'll come back.
 Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS