HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 05:58:09 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Planet of the Apes 4 premieres in theaters May 24, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Netflix? What's in your Queue?  (Read 37787 times)
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« on: March 11, 2010, 03:05:06 PM »

I am not thrilled with this television season. There is alot of CRAP on the tube. Thanks to Netflix, I have been watching older shows or earlier seasons of my favorites.

How many of you remember ABC's Cashmere Mafia? It was their version of Sex and the City. The ladies were fun and sassy. I laughed through season one last night.

What about you? What is in your queue?

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 12:47:36 PM »

Mainly movies.  We just finished watching Taken and I'm expecting Inglorious Bastards next.  I also recently watched all seasons of Torchwood.  I still need to watch the four specials - which I guess is the fourth season.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 06:38:44 PM »

Mainly movies.  We just finished watching Taken and I'm expecting Inglorious Bastards next.  I also recently watched all seasons of Torchwood.  I still need to watch the four specials - which I guess is the fourth season.

Netflix introduced me to Torchwood (love me some Janto!!!).
Rich
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 07:40:59 PM »

Tops in my queue is Dr Who season 1, the original Battlestar Galactica, and a slew of movies.  Last one was the Stepfather--which was a pale remake of the original.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 08:31:44 PM »

Anyone that does not have TRIANGLE in their Queue (at least for instant play) should remedy that right now. Good screw with the mind movie, that doesn't leave you guessing, but makes you ... ponder.

As far as my queue ... I have pretty much gotten trough all the movies and tv shows that I want to see on DVD (Plus with Redbox, I get the newest movies a heck of a lot quicker ... Inglorious Bastards is still being shown "very long wait" ... no thanks, Redbox gets my $1  Tongue), but I am checking out SONS OF ANARCHY, which is pretty good. JUSTICE LEAGUE (which has the wrong release date on it  Undecided), COWBOY BEPOP the Movie, and a couple of foreign movies - CURE and NEXT DOOR (I love me some great foreign flicks ... kicks the mainstreams ass usually)

My 'instant queue' (watch right now on your TV without the DVD coming to you) is enormous, however. I think I have 68 in there. I still have the last two seasons of FARSCAPE that I have to, one day, try to muddle through. The previously mentioned TRIANGLE (which I am going to watch again ... for the third time). Lots of foreign flicks like ITCHI the KILLER, ANTIBODIES, THE ORPHANAGE, plus more. Some Horror fliks that I want to try like ALTERED. I got some Anime in their as well with BLOOD +1 (pretty good series, but only have seen two episodes so far) and the classic BATTLESHIP YAMATO (which we older peeps would know as STARBLAZERS !!!!). I also have all 5 seasons of LOST in there, just to play when I am cooking dinner or what ever ... kind of listen to in the background. Plus much, much more.

I am an instant viewer to the extreme, as should anyone by with an Xbox 360 or a PS3. I say why wait.
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
BatgirlLibrarian
HR Hero

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 02:44:20 PM »

We just got Netlflix for the Wii--awesome!

Stuff I'm watching--Torchwood (I'm with you, Gay Titan--Janto!), Doctor Who, Farscape, Xena, and I'm going to start Lost.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 05:19:43 PM »

Netflix introduced me to Torchwood (love me some Janto!!!).

We finsished the last four Torchwood's - awesome!  Have you seen them all?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010, 05:22:46 PM »

...and I'm going to start Lost.

There's an undertaking right there!  Happy viewing!

Wg2100s
HR Sidekick

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2010, 04:47:41 PM »

Started watching Buffy and Angel though Netflix instant viewing,rewatching Lost,24,and King of the hill in the same format as well.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2010, 05:30:08 PM »

Anyone catch TRIANGLE yet?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Ed209
HR Super Hero

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2010, 03:08:02 PM »

Good news for those of us with iPhones... Netflix app coming soon (they said sometime this summer) so that you can watch movies right on your phone.  I was watching the intro for the new iPhone 4 and they previewed it.  Looks awesome, and best of all, it will be free.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2010, 05:55:27 PM »

Good news for those of us with iPhones... Netflix app coming soon (they said sometime this summer) so that you can watch movies right on your phone.  I was watching the intro for the new iPhone 4 and they previewed it.  Looks awesome, and best of all, it will be free.

Awesome!!

G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2010, 06:33:51 PM »

this news just adds to my excitement on getting the new iphone 4.  preorders start on 6/15! 

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2010, 08:55:18 PM »

Yep, New app will be loaded on my non-iPhone as well. Hells yeah.

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2010, 02:11:17 PM »

Just got True Blood, Season 1 disc 1.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS