HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 11:17:58 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Captain America: New World Order premieres in theaters February 14, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: First Look at Captain America in Costume  (Read 42129 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2010, 09:55:52 PM »

I was never a huge Chris Evans fan, until I saw the movie SUNSHINE. He was able to "act" in that movie a little more than any other thing I have seen him in.

(Good movie by the way ... as long as you overlook the very glaring problem with the premise.  Grin)

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2010, 10:07:19 PM »

I was never a huge Chris Evans fan, until I saw the movie SUNSHINE. He was able to "act" in that movie a little more than any other thing I have seen him in.

(Good movie by the way ... as long as you overlook the very glaring problem with the premise.  Grin)

I've seen Sunshine....One of the reasons why Danny Boyle is slowly growing to be one of my favorite directors cause of all his memorable movies......28 Days Later, Trainspotting, Slumdog Millionaire

Having said that.....I am still of little faith.....in Evans that is....

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2010, 10:21:36 PM »

Understandable. I wasn't a big fan of Downey Jr as Tony Stark at first (I have no idea why as I really like him ... you guys MUST see the movie KISS KISS BANG BANG), but man, I can't picture him not being Tony now. Not saying that Evans will come close to that level of "bowling me over" but I have to just be hopeful.
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2010, 10:23:32 PM »

Understandable. I wasn't a big fan of Downey Jr as Tony Stark at first (I have no idea why as I really like him ... you guys MUST see the movie KISS KISS BANG BANG), but man, I can't picture him not being Tony now. Not saying that Evans will come close to that level of "bowling me over" but I have to just be hopeful.
 Grin

Loved KISS KISS BANG BANG - on of my alltime favorites.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Mitch
HR Super Hero

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2010, 12:13:56 AM »

If they are setting up him to play alongside Iron Man and Hulk or what have you......I can't see him having any sort of presence next to Downey Jr.(Stark), Norton(Banner), Jackson(Fury), etc.....

I agree with G.  I really liked Evans as the Torch, but I don't see him pulling off the presence (good word) required for the role, especially with the actors mentioned above.  But... I'll withhold judgement until I see the finished product.

"I need a day when there aren't twenty crises to deal with, but I don't see that coming any time soon."  - Iron Man (Captain America #29)
Ed209
HR Super Hero

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2010, 03:45:20 AM »

I liked Evans as the Torch as well.  He fit the character perfectly.  Young, cocky, arrogant...

Cap is none of those things.  Evans may surprise me, but somehow I doubt that he will be able to transcend his natural acting limitations.  I think Marvel has made a huge casting mistake on this one.  Just my opinion.
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2010, 03:42:56 PM »

keep in mind that this information has not been confirmed by Marvel or Evens.  There are still contractual issues that need to be resolved...he is still on the hook for one more FF movie at Fox...So fox has the option to not allow him out of that contract and all of this will be moot. 

But overall, i agree with what is being said...while I like Evens as Torch and have seen him in other roles and found him to be a competent actor, His roles have been pretty light.  I don't know if he has the chops to pull off Cap and not make him seem like a joke or carry the weight of a WW2 epic....Cap needs to be someone who commands respect just by being in the room...I would have likes to see Nathan Fillion in the role, I think Josh Hallaway(sawyer) could pull it off or even the guy who plays Jacob(Mark Pellegrino)

Maybe Evens will surpirise us all...
Sith_Chimera
HR Super Hero

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2010, 03:48:59 PM »

All I have to conjure up is images of herorealm members crying foul at the reveal of Ledger in his Dark Knight make-up.

I don't think anyone's giving Evans enough credit. Let's face it, it could be a whole hell of a lot worse.

I really just have to chalk it up to any major A-list actor shying away from the role because of the potential egg it could be. Let's face it, Cap's movie history is notorious.

HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2010, 05:20:11 PM »

I fully supported Ledger as the Joker, as I have seen Ledger's potential and growth as an actor playing varied roles from Knight's Tale all the way up to Brokeback Mountain.  The few he made still left an impression on me.  Aside from Human Torch, Evans is meh.....

Evans is so middle of the road and has shown me that he isn't capable of being more than a handsome face....not bad, not good.....Heck, they should have picked someone like Paul Walker (Fast and the Furious films, Running Scared) if they wanted mediocrity.  Walker looks more like Cap than Evans.

We could do a lot worse, but the movie is capable of so much better.  It's like they were pressed for time, and just settled.....

Hope Evans is up to the task.  Captain America has some really big shoes to fill.

HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2010, 11:18:33 PM »

So I read over on Marvel.com that they cast Sebastian Stan as Bucky.

I'm fine with that choice.....I thought he had pretty standout acting ability on the short-lived yet excellent show Kings. 

Problem I have now is he's only a couple years younger than Chris Evans.  I don't know if they will be able pull off the experienced hero mentoring his young sidekick.  Now it's more like a buddy superhero war epic

This movie just feels too rushed to make the damn Avengers deadline.  Hope they push that back.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2010, 09:21:42 PM »

Captain America Movie: Peggy Carter Cast

Marvel Studios announced that Hayley Atwell has been cast to star as Peggy Carter in the studio’s highly anticipated movie "Captain America: The First Avenger" opposite Chris Evans.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2010, 08:49:42 PM »

Hugo Weaving confirmed as the Red Skull.

http://marvel.com/news/moviestories.12326.captain_america_movie~colon~_red_skull_cast

HR Celestial

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2010, 09:21:56 PM »

Good choice....Hugo Weaving has long become the go to actor for popular iconic roles.  From Matrix to Lord of the Rings, V for Vendetta to Transformers.....now Captain America.

Wish they could find a better fit for Caps shoes. Undecided

Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2010, 06:59:48 PM »

Marvel Studios announced today that Oscar® winning actor Tommy Lee Jones has been cast to star as US Army Colonel Chester Phillips in the studio’s highly anticipated movie CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER opposite Chris Evans, Hugo Weaving, Hayley Atwell, Sebastian Stan and Stanley Tucci.  In the early comics, Phillips recruited Steve Rogers to join Project Rebirth, the secret experiment that created the Super Soldier known as Captain America. The character will be updated for the film. Joe Johnston will direct the film penned by Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely.

Marvel Studios’ Kevin Feige will produce CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER.  Alan Fine, Stan Lee, David Maisel, Nigel Gostelow and Louis D’Esposito will executive produce.  The film will be released in the US on July 22, 2011 and distributed by Paramount Pictures.

CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER will focus on the early days of the Marvel Universe when Steve Rogers volunteers to participate in an experimental program that turns him into the Super Soldier known as Captain America.

Tommy Lee Jones’ will next be seen in THE COMPANY MEN and is well known for starring in NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN, THE THREE BURIALS OF MELQUIADES ESTRADA, the MEN IN BLACK franchise, and THE FUGITIVE for which he won an Academy Award®.

In addition to CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER, Marvel Studios most recently released the highly anticipated sequel, IRON MAN 2, starring Robert Downey Jr. and Gwyneth Paltrow on May 7, 2010, and will release a slate of films based on the Marvel characters including THOR on May 6, 2011, and MARVEL STUDIOS’ THE AVENGERS on May 4, 2012.

Tommy Lee Jones is represented by CAA and attorney Bill Jacobson.

Oscar® and Academy Award® is a registered trademark of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Scie
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2010, 07:30:21 PM »

BOOOoooooOOOO

Angry

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS