HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 04:46:52 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thunderbolts premieres in theaters July 25, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wonder Woman  (Read 13234 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: March 06, 2010, 11:04:35 PM »

Now that Gail Simone has left WONDER WOMAN, I am thinking that the rumor about Morrison becoming the writer of the rope swinging Amazon (either on current run, a revamped #1 or an All Star version) will soon be revealed. I will be on for at least 4 issues.
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
sinisteri
HR Super Hero

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 07:13:30 PM »

Actually,

I would like to see what he would do. Her world offers a lot of metaphysical elements with which he likes to play. I would love it if he left somethig permenant from which other writers to draw. I found the role he gave her in Final Crisis interesting, and I would have loved for someone to have delved into her psyche at being the key to spreading the Anit-life to her peers and how she felt being enslaved to Darkseid. As an Amazon, it was one of the only and longest times she has been in that particular position. With her history, that aspect deserved more than a passing moment.

Let's see.

A man is the sum of his memories,
A Time Lord even moreso.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 01:46:34 AM »

I have no problem having a writer explore that aspect of her, but I am not sure I want Morrison to do it.

Morrison usually keeps me for about 4 to 6 issues and then his brain goes all wacky and he just loses me. I don't mind him fleshing out characters, but I am not trying to be one with his own gray-matter trying to follow his weird ass ideas. His Crisis was horrible (glad you liked it  Grin), His BATMAN was ... yeah ... like a dreamscape of his persona and his BATMAN and ROBIN, that started so good, has now dipped into that bubbling cauldron of "WT" with a heavy dose of "F" thrown in for flavor. (okay, it;s not that bad, but lost it's way)

Again, I am hoping for the best, but only for a short while.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 12:51:24 AM »

Of course now it looks like I will be on this 'new' Wonder Woman title for a looong time. Watching AOTS and across the bottom comes the news that JMS will take over the Superman writing duties at issue 701 (I think) and will be the new writer for the new Wonder Woman title.

Much better news for me.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 03:39:42 AM »

Holy Cow!  I was going to pick up the Morrison run as well and now this news!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
CAPTAIN UNIVERSE
HR Sidekick

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 10:48:55 PM »

i really wanted to add this to my box. but i already missed like the first 40. if i can find the complete run i'll check it out.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 10:54:47 PM »

Preorder now. Issue 600 (or 500), coming out in 2 months, starts the new JMS run.

DrVonFangirl
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2010, 11:41:29 PM »

Now that Gail Simone has left WONDER WOMAN, I am thinking that the rumor about Morrison becoming the writer of the rope swinging Amazon (either on current run, a revamped #1 or an All Star version) will soon be revealed. I will be on for at least 4 issues.
 Smiley

Oooh, an All Star Wonder Woman could be interesting, no matter who's writing it. Something that could serve as a nice jumping on point for fans--or potential fans--who don't want to slog through 60+ years of continuity to get into the character. (I've noticed that, while Batman and Superman both have several good jumping on points throughout their histories, WW just...doesn't. It's kind of sad, really.)

As a brief aside, I loved Morrison's All Star Superman--though that's one of the only things he's done that I've enjoyed. Batman and Son was a surprisingly nice jaunt, too, but man oh man did he ever lose me with RIP.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Straczynski has in store for Wondy, though I'm hardly what you'd call an avid fan of the character. Maybe this will pique my interest enough for me to add it to my pull list.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2010, 06:19:44 PM »

How does everyone like Stracynski's Wonder Woman?  Definately interesting.

Coming in October

WONDER WOMAN #604
Written by J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI 
Art and cover by DON KRAMER & MICHAEL BABINSKI 
1:10 Variant cover by ALEX GARNER
This is it! The mysterious leader of the paramilitary organization finally confronts Wonder Woman as she continues learning what happened to the Amazons and why reality is askew! J. Michael Straczynski’s epic tale keeps rolling on!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2010, 08:38:04 PM »

When you say "interesting" are you saying it is a "must read"?

I got 600 and didn't care for it much, and did not care enough to read further into the series.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2010, 09:49:52 PM »

When you say "interesting" are you saying it is a "must read"?

I got 600 and didn't care for it much, and did not care enough to read further into the series.

Interesting in the sense that I'm enjoying it so far but would not necessarily miss it if I didn't get anymore issues.

Was that vague enough?   Smiley

sinisteri
HR Super Hero

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2010, 05:46:11 AM »

Is anyone reading this title?

I could not bring myself to follow after 600. I want to, but I just can't.

A man is the sum of his memories,
A Time Lord even moreso.
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2010, 12:18:02 PM »

I'm reading it and liking it.  It reads like an Elseworlds story as they've redone her origin. Paradise island was invaded and her mother killed when she was a girl and she was raised in our world.

It's a typical JMS slow start but I'm banking on a good payoff.  Not a must read but entertaining.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2010, 09:50:43 PM »

Issue 604 was a pretty good issue.  Nice battle with the man her murdered her Mom.  The magic stuff wasn't my bag of tea but the issue still enjoyable.

Now I have to say, the new costume is growing on me.  Especially when she's not wearing the jacket.

I think I could like it going forward as her new costume if I didn't expect her to go back to the original after JMS' story is done.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2010, 10:46:35 PM »

Also enjoying it and also like the non-jacket look (although I was one of the few that didn't mind it in the first place)  Grin

That being said ... not sure if this survives my next months cut. Trying my damnedest to get to only 15 comics a month and sadly I think all three JMS books will be biting the dust.
 Embarrassed

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS