HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 02:18:17 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Gladiator 2 premieres in theaters November 22, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hulk Thread  (Read 19655 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2010, 03:31:03 PM »

Thanks here too Wringer.  Definately made my eye's roll.   Roll Eyes

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Rich
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2010, 08:02:24 PM »

I guess I meant that the character was a premier character, and it's just been sullied with subpar writing since PAD left.  I stand by that--no one's come close.  Not Bruce Jones, not Greg Pak...no one.  Sigh.  I wish they would have let him finish what he started.  Man, that was a great run that could have been just...epic.  Epic.

Ah, well.
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2010, 08:25:40 PM »

I guess I meant that the character was a premier character, and it's just been sullied with subpar writing since PAD left.  I stand by that--no one's come close.  Not Bruce Jones, not Greg Pak...no one.  Sigh.  I wish they would have let him finish what he started.  Man, that was a great run that could have been just...epic.  Epic.

Ah, well.

That's interesting.  Was there some bad blood between PAD and Marvel editorial that they removed him from the title, or did he leave because of a difference in opinion?

I really used to like reading Incredible Hulk too.....but somewhere between calling the book Incredible Hercules and the World War Hulk mini....they just lost me.   

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2010, 11:25:16 PM »

PAD and Marvel had a difference of opinions.  PAD did the one thing no one had ever done with the Hulk...make him intersting.  He made the character relevent and had sales through the roof.  Marvel decided they wanted the Hulk to be part of the Onslaught crossover and wanted PAD to write...so he did until he found out that after the event the hulk would no longer be tied to Bruce Banner and would return to his simple minded Hulk Smash personality.  PAD had no interest in writing "that" hulk and was asked to leave the book.

I agree that PAD is by far the best writer th Character ever had.  I enjoyed Paul Jenkins run that used part of PAD stuff by introducing the revolving door personality, hated the over long/boring Bruce jones run that went no where, and have really liked what Pak did with Planet Hulk up to WWH. His recent exploration of Banner has been great (loved his take down of Doom...twice now:) ).  But as stated PAD is king of this character (and almost every character he touches) and would love to see him come back to the title to enhance what he did before...I'd love to see a Hulk forever title with him picking up right before Onslaught so he could finish his tale.  Or just kick Loeb completely out of the MU (he can have the Ulimate U if he wants) and have PAD work with Pak...keep the current art team and I would be one happy Hulk fan.
Rich
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2010, 04:20:46 AM »

Hulk Forever would effin' rock! I've thought that they should give PAD the reins again in that format since they let Claremont do the same thing...
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2010, 10:08:20 PM »

agreed...i also want a spider-man forever book with Stern, Defalco, DeMatteis and Michelinie...throw PAD in too Smiley
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2010, 04:41:49 PM »

Spoiler on the Identity of the Red Hulks...if any cares Wink

Red Hulk is General Thunderbolt ross
Red She-hulk is his daughter and banners wife, Betty.

ugh.
G:The Last Man
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2010, 04:44:27 PM »

lol....is this the lowest point in Hulk history, or can you recall some other major hulk letdowns?

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2010, 11:41:54 PM »

Bruce Jones' run...great art but no substance. 

This is pretty bad, however I still stand by Incredible, it's the adjectiveless book that is doing the damage.
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2010, 12:49:10 PM »

Incredible does hold up to be a good book.

But multi-Hulks everywhere just ends up being silly and pointless.

Jimmy T since 2001
troyfreund
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2011, 02:46:38 AM »

Man, I just read the first three volumes of Red Hulk...maybe it's because I'm not 8 years old, but that title blew. Maybe I didn't get it, but by the 3rd volume, I think I soaked up enough to know it was tripe. Moon Knight and Sentry talking about therapists was good though. That's the only interesting scripting I can recall from just having read three trades...geesh.
Sure didn't miss anything there,
Troy
Sith_Chimera
HR Super Hero

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2011, 04:49:51 AM »

I would love a reset on the current Hulk continuity.

Where's Joe Q when I need him? Can we get the "One More Day" treatment on this book?

Anyone?..... Anyone? Bueller?

Mephisto?  Tongue

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2011, 01:25:55 PM »

I would love a reset on the current Hulk continuity.

Where's Joe Q when I need him? Can we get the "One More Day" treatment on this book?

Anyone?..... Anyone? Bueller?

Mephisto?  Tongue

Man you so right on that Sith.  Where is Mephisot when we actually need him?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2011, 02:51:01 PM »

you might get your wish...it seems that Incredible is coming to an end within the next few months.  propbably to be rebooted by the end of the yr.  I was thinking they would keep the #ing and change the title back to Tales to Astonish similar to Journey into Mystery.

While I am warming to the idea of Ross-Hulk I have no real desire to follow him on a monthly basis, no matter how well Parker might be writing him.

looks like I'll have an opening in my pull..maybe 2 as I'm not feeling the new Thor title either.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS