HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 05:59:51 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Transformers: A New Generation premieres in theaters September 13, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: This week on eBay!  (Read 207771 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #315 on: July 02, 2015, 07:27:43 PM »

Cheesy

All is forgiven   Wink (And I should've known that. My wife working for the Post Office and all  Cheesy)

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #316 on: July 14, 2015, 08:36:13 PM »

Got a lot of Marvel up for sale this week.  X-Men, Spider-man, Spider-man 2099, Avengers, All New Invaders, and NIGHT NURSE!   Grin

Jeff's eBay Stuff

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #317 on: July 15, 2015, 12:41:03 AM »

Hope that Amazing #2 is still worth something for ya (1st Silk appearance)

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #318 on: July 16, 2015, 09:33:05 PM »

Hope that Amazing #2 is still worth something for ya (1st Silk appearance)

CRAP!!!  I listed issue #6 on my auction and I don't have it.   Angry

I hate it when I do that.  Someone has already bid on it so I can't change it.  I'm hoping your right about issue #2 bumping up the price.  I'll need it to cover the $6 cost of buying #6 to put in here.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #319 on: July 26, 2015, 11:18:43 PM »

I've been a bit slow as of late selling stuff (mostly because I had to go and get another auction cancelled when the buyer went AFK  Angry

But, here's hoping someone will buy that JLA trade and Deadman stuff eventually. Even some random sports stuff from the closet! Right now I'm doing a little extra push to start moving...stuff. If I get money (or more than my original bid), I'm rather ambivalent to that outcome.

Jeff, any luck with your sales of New 52 Legion stuff? I'm curious if you ever got that stuff to move.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #320 on: July 27, 2015, 04:50:38 PM »

Jeff, any luck with your sales of New 52 Legion stuff? I'm curious if you ever got that stuff to move.

Yes they all sold fairly quickly. I don't remember how much I got though. Not much if I remember right.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #321 on: September 09, 2015, 12:24:58 PM »

Not sure if I told you guys this but I finally did it. Sold my last run of current comics that I had in my house. Batman 1-41 sold for $235 w/shipping included about a week ago (I also threw in an unopened set of bags and boards). Not what I was hoping for, as issue #1 is over $100 now, but I am still happy all in all. It was hard letting them go, but as they were the last, it just made sense.

Plus, with Marvel hitting me with 8,584 new #1's I needed some extra money  Cheesy Cheesy Man, just like Nu52, I hope I can cut my initial order in half by month three.  Undecided Now I hope I don't do it as easily as I did Nu52  Cheesy Grin, but I am sure I can get close. Hopefully. Because let's face it, this money I got for Batman will only cover about two months of the new Marvel.
 Grin

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #322 on: September 09, 2015, 03:46:24 PM »

Nice work.

I haven't put anything up in a while.

My last bout of shipping landed me a response from one of my buyers. "Next time, add more cardboard to the shipping. Also, don't call your comics NM if they are damaged."

MUTHAFUKKER; who you calling a LIAR?

I was so pissed. He had won the entire Scarlet Spider run. Now, I'm not a professional grader (and screw those people anyways), but I read once, then store. I'm a 25 year comic reader; I handle my books well. This dude had 4 feedbacks, and seemed like a prick on every feedback he had left. I swear one of his feedbacks was 'the books got here'

It got me fuming. I sent back a genial anti-septic response of 'sorry you don't agree on the condition. If they were damaged during shipping, I mentioned in my sales I have no control over that. You can refer to my feedback about the approval of my shipping methods (no complaints). Good day to you.'

If he was fishing for a refund, he can kiss my ass.

It was also during this time I had 2 more auctions bid on and won and then no payer response. So, that also led to me quitting for a month.

BUT-it's time for a monster Valiant "starter" pack auction, methinks (Get rid of floppies of Bloodshot Reborn, The Divine, Ninjak, Manowar, and the mini The Valiant).

Got recent purchases of DC to get rid of too, soon. All the 'Truth' Superman, Superman/Wonder Woman, Batman/Superman issues all bundled up together and gotten rid of.

Funny thing, to go along with Perry? I don't own a single floppy of a Marvel book published in the last 5 years. Made me do a double take when I was reorganizing my recent purchases box to sort and sell. Captain America-Steve and Sam are gone. Waid to Duggan Hulk is gone. PAD's Spider-man 2099 is gone. Guardians 3000 shipped away. Moon Knight by Ellis gone long ago. *Check that! I still have the PAD Future Imperfect and 3 issues of Renew your Vows to ship-once Future is finished. I don't think I feel like finishing Renew. Someone can tell me spoilers of how things go in issues 4 and 5).

I think I'm going to give my wife (7th grade Language arts teacher) ALL my Convergence stuff for her classroom to see if any kids want to jump on DC. Cool

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #323 on: September 09, 2015, 04:48:28 PM »

I had to take a selling break too after I got a large chunk sold off.  eBay can be a beat down.  With Christmas coming up though, it should be a good time to sell.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #324 on: September 09, 2015, 06:00:32 PM »

I think I'm going to give my wife (7th grade Language arts teacher) ALL my Convergence stuff for her classroom to see if any kids want to jump on DC. Cool

Well that's one way to ensure they will never grow to become comic fans
 Tongue

Wink Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #325 on: September 09, 2015, 07:42:15 PM »

Well that's one way to ensure they will never grow to become comic fans
 Tongue

Wink Grin

Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #326 on: September 12, 2015, 11:24:16 PM »

I got the bug again to start back up.  I have some more Marvel up for sale now.  I probably should have put these up way back when the Avengers or even GotG movies were out but all well.  Let's see how it goes....

Jeff's eBay Stuff

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #327 on: September 13, 2015, 06:27:06 PM »

I will almost bet that the Hawkeye lot sells for the most.

You see how much I am willing to commit to that when I say that I am "almost" willing to bet that it happens  Cheesy, but I do think it has a shot.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #328 on: September 14, 2015, 06:22:34 PM »

I will almost bet that the Hawkeye lot sells for the most.

You see how much I am willing to commit to that when I say that I am "almost" willing to bet that it happens  Cheesy, but I do think it has a shot.

I think your right as it got an initial bid a couple of hours after I posted it.  That rarely happens.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #329 on: September 14, 2015, 06:47:09 PM »

Hey guys,

Do you think my starting price for the Thanos HC and Infinity comics is too high?

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS