HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 07:21:00 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Blade premieres in theaters November 7, 2025.
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: This week on eBay!  (Read 207774 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #300 on: June 08, 2015, 04:00:08 AM »

My buyers middle name must be Domino.  As luck would have it, she finally sent the payment before I submitted the problem to the resolution center.

Whew!  Just glad to have that over with.  The thought of going through the relisting of 12 auctions was wearing on me.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #301 on: June 10, 2015, 11:57:15 AM »

Congrats on that, sir. That would indeed suck to have to relist that. I think I would have to offer second chance offers to all the non-winners and see if I got any bites first.

That is what I am going to do instead of relisting my Thor lot that the guy now says he doesn't want as he "lost his debit card"
 Roll Eyes
Just have to wait 1 ... or is it two ... more day(s) to be able to do so, as I started a non-payer claim and you have to wait four days for the buyer to get payment to you. Even though he told me he is not paying for them, I see no way that I can offer a second chance offer without waiting the full term of the claim.
 Angry
They should change that shit. I understand you want to give the buyer a few extra days (even though by Ebay's own standard payment should be received by two days after the auction ends), but if the buyer writes to you and says "no" there should be a shortcut available to contact other bidders for a second chance offer. If I could do it once he wrote me saying he didn't want the books, I would have a better shot at grabbing the next highest bidder and asking him if he wants them at his highest bid price, as it is such a short time he may not have found another auction close to what I was selling. But waiting almost a week ... two days for the buyer to pay and four more to wait and see if he pays when Ebay "officially" tells him to pay  Roll Eyes ... that sucks. Heck, in fact it is a full week for me because I give three days to pay (and he didn't tell me he wasn't paying until the third day of course)
 Angry Angry Angry Angry

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #302 on: June 10, 2015, 12:06:22 PM »

Can't you manually close the case?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #303 on: June 10, 2015, 12:09:03 PM »

Can't you manually close the case?

Yes, but if I do I think I lose the ability to have second chance offers
At least that is what I took from it when I read about it
 Huh

EDIT - And I want the second chance offer ability as the next guy was close to his paying price  Smiley so if I can get that ...  Wink
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 12:10:48 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #304 on: June 15, 2015, 01:03:32 AM »

Pfew!!! I found my missing Finch Wonder Woman issues! Were bundled in with my shipping supplies!! Pfew!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #305 on: June 15, 2015, 02:29:59 AM »

Pfew!!! I found my missing Finch Wonder Woman issues! Were bundled in with my shipping supplies!! Pfew!!

Grin
Bet that got ya a little nervous.

That reminds me of the time I was about to crap my pants (Well I guess I could have started this a little better than that  Cheesy)

A long time ago, when I was reletively new to selling on Ebay, I had sold some Ghost Rider comics. I sold a set of the original series and a set of the the Danny Ketch series. Guess what happened.  Grin

What screwed me was I always marked the comics that were going out on the back of the boxes. Well, I did for the comics I had already packed but had no shipping info yet (this was a time before Ebay helped you print all your labels and people paid in seconds after they won).

Well I packed one set of Ghost Riders up, marked it GR, packed a few more titles up (I was selling about 8 titles every 14 days) and marked them accordingly and then packed another Ghost Rider and marked it GHST. That way I knew what was what. Smart yeah?

Well only a little smart as by the time one person that bought one of the GR's set paid, I had forgotten that I marked two Ghost Rider sets. So I grabbed a box that was marked GR and thought "well that stands for Ghost Rider", looked for his address in the email, wrote it down on my USPS label and off it went to the Post Office the next morning (the wife use to take my packages to work with her as she works there. Saved me the trip).

Well the next day, close to noon, the other guy paid and it hit me like a lightening strike! "OH SHIT!! I hope I didn't send the wrong GR to the wrong GR buyer!!"

Needless to say I had to open the box that I still had here and look at what I had and compare it to what this guy bought and sure as hell, I had sent the wrong GR to the wrong buyer. Usually when the wife takes my comics to work in the morning they are out of the building by 9:30 or 10 at the latest, so I knew I was probably S.O.L as this was well after 11. I just knew I was screwed. My heart just sank.

Called the wife and asked her if the morning parcel truck had came yet and she said no, and blood rushed back to my brain for the first time in an hour, so I begged and pleaded with her to find that package and bring it back with her at lunch. She found it and I had never felt so happy about the slow ass Post Office than I did at that moment.
 Grin

I know it was no big deal in the grand scheme of things, but I can't recall a time I was so nervous and then so elated about the same subject in such a short period of time
 Grin

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #306 on: June 15, 2015, 02:43:48 AM »

You have a wonderful wife then! You know she was just rolling her eyes, squeezing her temples, and saying "Yes Perry, I'll look for them," all the while mumbling under her breath 'stupid comics' and 'make some nerd cry with wrong box' and 'wtf is a ghost rider?'

Great lady there!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #307 on: June 15, 2015, 03:11:01 AM »

You have a wonderful wife then! You know she was just rolling her eyes, squeezing her temples, and saying "Yes Perry, I'll look for them," all the while mumbling under her breath 'stupid comics' ...

Cheesy More like "Stupid Perry. Why did I agree to marry this moron"  Cheesy

Great lady there!!

Man don't I know it.
 Smiley

You putting up all your WWs?

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #308 on: June 15, 2015, 03:14:49 AM »

Just the Finch issues I have. Collector anal-retentiveness won't let me pass on the Azzarello issues...even with owning the trades!!! (yeah, yeah shoot me down. Wink  )

And I put up the most random of shit this week too. New 52 Flash, Sinestro, DC Universe Presents, and Spider-man 2099 and an oooollllldddd lot of Uncanny X-men for fun.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #309 on: June 15, 2015, 11:15:19 PM »

Sweeet, gonna have to check into that!!!!

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #310 on: June 23, 2015, 02:42:34 AM »

Heh. All the stuff I wanted to sell sold, and as I was just about to leave feedback, I remembered....so I clicked on them, checked their 'feedback left for others' and 3 of them had not left anything in a year. So, nuts to them!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #311 on: June 23, 2015, 04:45:44 AM »

Cool

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #312 on: July 02, 2015, 06:31:11 PM »

Dangnabbit, I gotta ship to Puerto Rico. So much for reading my listing about continental US anyways. Losing money on shipping then.  Angry

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #313 on: July 02, 2015, 06:37:28 PM »

Why are you shipping it there? I wouldn't. I would tell him to piss off.

Or contact Ebay and ask them about their own international hub they have. I noticed it a few months back. You can click the option to sell overseas, but all you do is send it to them, at this hub or whatever, and they take care of all the rest. I never used it, as I refuse to ship overseas, so I have no idea if it is worth it or not, but you may want to check into it.

Screw that. (As long as you stated "Continental" U.S. only in your auction  Undecided)

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #314 on: July 02, 2015, 07:20:18 PM »

Nevermind. I jumped the gun. I posted pissily...but I went to double check, since Puerto Rico is a US territory...it's NOT extra shipping. I apologize out loud to the air I cursed before, and I hope I didn't put any black marks on my karmic record for Santa. Whoops.  Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS