HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:42:30 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kraven the Hunter premieres in theaters August 30, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: This week on eBay!  (Read 207782 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #225 on: February 28, 2015, 05:19:14 PM »

So whatever happened with that Manhattan Projects offer, Jeff?

Someone else had bid on it so I just left it.  Didn't feel right closing it out on someone who put in a good faith bid.  Probably won't get as much but thought it was the right thing to do.

Cool

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #226 on: February 28, 2015, 09:18:50 PM »

I decided to play speculator this week.

Lots of 'talk' about Secret Origins #10, and about their maybe being a possiblilty of Oracle still there in Babs history...but with some twist. SE doesn't have a huge print run...it could drop huge....so I bought it.

And put it up on ebay the same day. Now, I saw plenty that were presold on Wednesday that went for $10, 15 books, even a few did Buy it Now at $20.

Wanting to be noticed, I put it on at $1.99. It's over $6.50 now, and with my comic ship discount, I've made my money back and a buck or 2. But, I got 22 hours left on it. The other auctions I watched for single copies of it all went for over 10 bucks, so eh, it was fun for a moment to try and cash in on something stupid quickly.  Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #227 on: March 01, 2015, 12:38:36 AM »

I hope I helped a little with those Caps, Jeff  Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #228 on: March 01, 2015, 12:39:33 AM »

I decided to play speculator this week.

Lots of 'talk' about Secret Origins #10

Plenty of copies around here. Did your shop sell out? And be careful with those "Expedited Shipping" things. The wife tells me they just went up in price again at the USPS. Not sure it will effect you, but don't undercut too much until you are sure.

Good news is, every time the price goes up, our paycheck increases. Love those rate hikes
 Grin

EDIT - and I am happy you are getting $20 so far for your Superman Unchained  Smiley
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 12:51:34 AM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #229 on: March 01, 2015, 06:40:28 PM »

lol - I saw that you had bid on them.  They finally went for $8.50.  Great bargain for the winner!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #230 on: March 01, 2015, 06:41:39 PM »

lol - I saw that you had bid on them.  They finally went for $8.50.  Great bargain for the winner!

Yeah, was gonna go higher, but I didn't really want the smaller HC's as I want the oversized more. But was hoping I would start a trend of bidding for you.
 Undecided

Went ahead and put one hell of a crazy lot up today. This thing makes no sense  Cheesy

My EBAY auction

Cheesy What kinda pairing is that?  Grin I'll be happy to get $15, but with those being combined under one lot ... who knows.  Smiley

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #231 on: March 01, 2015, 06:50:59 PM »

Surprised you put Multiversity in there.  Doesn't it still have some issues coming out?

I would think Grayson would pull some good bids.  Can't wait to see what you get.

UPDATE on Manhatten Projects:  It finally sold for more than the guy offered me a few days ago.  Glad I didn't take his tempting offer now.   Grin

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #232 on: March 01, 2015, 10:30:15 PM »

Not too bad for eBay this weekend.  Of the 28 auctions all but 7 sold.  Not surprised on a couple of them because I had asked for a premium starting bid.  I cut those in half and re-listed.  Ironically the Uncanny Avengers got a bid the second I re-listed it.  If your curious what my others went for let me know and I'll post the final winning bids.

“RED” TPB BY WARREN ELLIS! DC Comics (301541051411)   $1.99

UNCANNY AVENGERS #1 BY RICK REMENDER & JOHN CASSADY! FIR...(301547735422)   $1.99

OUTCAST #1, 2, 3, & 4 BY ROBERT KIRKMAN (WALKING DEAD)! F...(301548754133)   $17.50

‘HAPPY’ BY GRANT MORRISON! COMPLETE STORY! (301548754540)   $2.99

24 ISSUES! FATALE #1 - 24! COMPLETE SERIES! PULP MACABRE ...(301548754887)   $24.99

BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA #1! COVER A – HARD TO FIND!(301548765705)   $4.99

APOCALYPSE AL #1, 2, 3, & 4 BY J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI! CO...   $7.99

Jeff's eBay Stuff

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #233 on: March 01, 2015, 11:16:44 PM »

Surprised you put Multiversity in there.  Doesn't it still have some issues coming out?

Yes, but I figured the amount it would take me to buy the issues would be greater than the difference of just selling the ones I have. It was gonna cost another $7 bucks or so, with the discount to get the final two issues (I think that is what it was going to be) and I wasn't sure I could make that up waiting to sell them all with everyone else that was going to be selling them all  Grin I wanted to get in (out) early anyway.

I still don't expect much from this very mixed lot, but who knows.

In the long run it has allowed me to drop two more floppy titles a month, so it is worth that by itself I suppose  Grin

EDIT -
UPDATE on Manhatten Projects:  It finally sold for more than the guy offered me a few days ago.  Glad I didn't take his tempting offer now.   Grin

Yeah, $50 is a nice pull for those issues.

Damn X-O pulls that low? That is what I was talking about ... no-one wants to buy from this great damn company.

Of course I say that and then see your Armor Hunters went for a lot more than I thought they would.  Cheesy Nice!!!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 11:21:30 PM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #234 on: March 02, 2015, 02:21:12 AM »

Looks like I somehow forgot to list my Bloodshot collection last week.  Discovered it while packing up shipments this afternoon.

I've added it tonight for this weeks auctions.

10 ISSUES! BLOODSHOT #0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, & 9 BY SWIERCZYNSKI! VALIANT

If your interested in any of my auctions let me know here when you bid and if you win Realmers get free shipping.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #235 on: March 02, 2015, 03:06:51 AM »

Wow, you guys both ship media mail still? I got caught one damn time, and I'm afraid to go back to that method! Although, I am using a different post office now......

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #236 on: March 02, 2015, 12:27:50 PM »

Wow, you guys both ship media mail still? I got caught one damn time, and I'm afraid to go back to that method! Although, I am using a different post office now......

Grin
I can see how that would scare you, heck I gotta nervous when you first told us  Cheesy But after speaking with the wife, who works there, I feel well enough about it to ship that way. It is such a small chance of local postmasters expecting those that it doesn't worry me.

On reason you may have gotten hit the first time was they were looking for some drugs being shipped from a guy named James "Tann" or they were on the look out for some going to an address close to the one you were shipping to.

Another is the guy in charge was being looked into so he was 'carackin' down' on similar stuff.

And finally maybe you pissed of your local P.O?  Cheesy

Normally, even though Post Masters, local or otherwise, can open ANY and ALL mail for ANY and ALL reasons, they seldom do, as it is just not a productive activity. Getting one or two "mislabeled" ones while having to repack hundreds of ones that were correctly labeled is just not cost effective.

Normally, they are not too worried about paper products as much as the "Are you shipping anything fragile, liquid, perishable or potentially hazardous?"
 Wink

EDIT - another thing that may trigger them to inspect that I forgot was if sending Media, and you are using an envelope, they may tend to question it more. Most brochures or non-ad literature will be sent in bulk, in boxes.

Of course now that I said all that, I'll get popped the next time I ...  Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 12:32:36 PM by Perry » Logged

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #237 on: March 02, 2015, 02:42:00 PM »

hahahaha....hope not Perry!

No, mine are all boxes...but I make my boxes homemade. Got a template I like to use, and by now, they are cut very well, and look like the ones I get shipped from Amazon that are books. Maybe I'll give it a try again, the next time auctions go up....

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #238 on: March 02, 2015, 04:24:22 PM »

And I'm SOOOO pissed!!!

I've got 5 open auctions as a seller, all items are delivered, and no f###ing feedback! And I sent a cursory email asking if they liked everything, was it okay, any problems with shipping. ONe replied 'thanks for asking; everything was great!" and STILL didn't leave me feedback! Gets me so pissssssseddd!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #239 on: March 02, 2015, 04:34:04 PM »

Yep, that will do it.

That is why, and you can look and see, I added the following to my auctions -

"Feedback will be left for you upon receipt of payment, unless you are one of those that never take the time to leave feedback for others, in which case, well … ya know … you get what you give."

Smiley

I no longer leave feedback to anyone unless they show they have left it for others within weeks of the auction they won ending. If they do, I leave it as soon as they pay. If they have not left any in months, even after buying something, I leave NADA, GOOSE-EGG, ZERO !!!! I just take that damn money, ship it and move on
 Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS