HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 05:27:13 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Madame Web premieres in theaters February 16, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: X-FACTOR Thread  (Read 44555 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2010, 08:25:58 AM »

Cool thanks guys. I was trying to just keep it on MDC, but with their recent update bull-shit ...  Angry

I am missing me some good PAD stories

Sounds like trouble in paradise. Tongue

Roll Eyes

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2010, 05:37:47 PM »

X-Factor for October!

X-FACTOR #210
Written by PETER DAVID
Penciled by VALENTINE DE LANDRO
Cover by DAVID YARDIN
Wolfsbane returns to the team traumatized by her time with X-Force only to be slapped in the face by ex-boyfriend Rictor’s new relationship with Shatterstar. Can Rictor repair the damage and ease her mind? And what exactly is the nature of the child growing inside her? Meanwhile, with the rest of the team in Las Vegas, Monet is visited by a war veteran with a terrifying secret...

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2010, 04:59:50 PM »

X-factor and Thor in the latest issue. Not the best X-factor arc so I'm glad it's over.

S P O I L E R

So Shatterstar knows the truth about Rhanes baby now.  How will that play out? Hmmm?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2010, 08:33:42 PM »

Haven't read the latest issue yet, but I did enjoy the Vegas parts the last two issues. Not really the plot as much as just the stuff that went down while in Vegas. But I guess we can't talk about that because, well, you know, what happens in Vegas ...
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2011, 03:35:55 PM »

X-Factor 215

Another solid start to a new arc only because it was Madrox and Layla focused.  Not a fan of vampires in my comics so I'm only so-so on the villain.  But the interaction between Madrox and Layla made the issue.

So - does anyone think they'll get together?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2011, 01:50:10 PM »

Wow, it has been a few months for me, but I think ... perhaps ... I am coming back to this title starting with this months preorders.

With BRIGHTEST DAY ending I have two open spots that I could fill ... saving one for MOON KNIGHT of course.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2011, 04:21:33 PM »

Coming out tomorrow - June 1st

X-Factor #220

Written by PETER DAVID Penciled by PAUL DAVIDSON Cover by DAVID YARDIN 'Forgive Me, Father, For I Have KILLED!' Hoping to be absolved of recently committed sins before she gives birth, Wolfsbane goes to confess...but it isn't forgiveness that awaits her. In fact, she's going to have to face her demons head on. Literally! (Oh, and that baby she's carrying? Turns out that it's not quite what she expected either.) The next X-citing chapter of X-FACTOR begins here! 32 PGS.(each)/Rated T+ Cover price $2.99.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2011, 06:26:34 PM »

I need to start reading these in sets of 2 or 3.

I get done with one issue and already jonzin' for the next.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2011, 07:23:36 PM »

I need to start reading these in sets of 2 or 3.

I get done with one issue and already jonzin' for the next.

They seem to be coming out 2 per month which is awesome!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2012, 09:44:18 PM »

XFactor Issue #229

Damn it. Each month I read my boy's copy of this and each month I fight adding it to my own pull. Think I have finally reached that point. Now all I have to do is figure out what book I am going to be replacing it for.

Love Jamie flying around all over dimensions and love the mystery of why Layla paid to be gutted? I mean, what?

Plus with Havok coming on ... CRAP. PAD better keep his damn book separate from the rest of the X crap for at least 6 months.
 Angry

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2012, 04:55:13 AM »

He's done a good job keeping his own stories going despite the mega crossovers.  I have faith.

I'm agreeing with you twice in one day!  Great issue. PAD hasn't lost his stride with this title.

What did you think of the Longshot/Shatterstar reveal?  Could it be the same in "our" world?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2012, 01:00:54 PM »

What did you think of the Longshot/Shatterstar reveal?  Could it be the same in "our" world?

Knowing PAD, oh Yeah.  Cheesy But also knowing him, we could have a 3 issue arc on the subject only to discover it was a ruse.
 Grin

sinisteri
HR Super Hero

« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2012, 08:03:41 AM »

Out of all this,

I love the reveal that Layla's choice to save Guido has changed the game board and now throws off her prediction tricks.

And I like that Madrox is questioning if he is pulling alternate versions of himself from other universes or not. And I wish they would explain the Trypp connection.

Love this title!

A man is the sum of his memories,
A Time Lord even moreso.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2012, 01:30:29 PM »

X-FACTOR Issue #230

How is it PAD can write a non-action issue and I come away feeling like there was tons of action?

Nothing but verbal banter inside this issue, but loved it. Love how Quido is fighting for his own - "Hey there are a bazillion bad guys out there who have souls, so why can't there be one good guy who don't"  Grin

Of course the 'Wolverine is everywhere' joke makes it's appearance, which is getting as old as Wolverine being everywhere, but the way PAD does it, it is at least funny.

The only thing I hate about the last page reveal, is there was no "Ooohhh" to it. This is not the fault of PAD, it is the fault of progression and and the internet. It use to be we would not have seen the cover of the next issue until it was on the rack, but now, thanks to upcoming previews of the titles, we see Havok and Polaris on the cover of the next issue ahead of time, so them standing there does nothing to me. Sad. I miss that part of comics. The shock. The Ooohh.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 12:48:00 PM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2012, 01:13:47 AM »

ROFLMAO!

In the letters page of issue 233, a fan asks if there will be any One Shot minis to which PAD replies:
"We're already producing ninety three issues of this book a year."

Is that a stab at all the double shipping?

Cheesy

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS